Roche/Genentech are at the forefront of developing ground-breaking new medicines and consistently push the boundaries of conventional thinking and embrace innovation across our business. With a strong pipeline, we are looking for highly motivated people to support global teams in translating our understanding of cancer biology to accelerate development of personalized therapies and diagnostics to transform clinical practice
The Opportunity We are offering an opportunity for a (Senior) Biomarker Scientist to join our global team in Basel.
The role In this role you represent Oncology Biomarker Development (OBD) on molecule teams. You lead and drive the biomarker development efforts supporting the Genentech/Roche pipeline in Oncology/hematological malignancies and rare blood disorders. Providing strategic guidance and technical expertise, you contribute to the implementation and execution of biomarker and Companion Diagnostics (CDx) strategies in global development. More precisely you:
- Lead and drive biomarker related studies and collaborations as well as data analysis and interpretation
- Oversee and lead key biomarker programs and trials in complex matrix structure involving coordination of multiple molecule teams across divisions
- Lead the biomarker regulatory strategy and interaction for a therapeutic with health authorities around the globe and contribute to preparation of relevant regulatory documents
- Oversee the biomarker strategy and plan for medical affairs sponsored activities in collaboration with the Medical affairs Biomarker Lead (MABL) and International medical Director (IMD)
- Develop and lead biomarker collaborations with key investigators, therapeutic experts (TAEs) and thought leaders and lead translational research committees
- Publish in high quality scientific, technical or medical journals and represent OBD externally through presentations at key internal and external meetings and conferences.
What are we looking for? We are looking for a passionate scientist, willing to shape this role with us: depending on your expertise and experience, the role may develop and include line management responsibilities. You hold a PhD, MD or PhD/MD degree in a relevant scientific field (e.g. pathology, molecular biology, cancer genetics, cancer biology, molecular oncology). You have 3+ years’ post-doctoral experience in basic or translational research either in an academic and/or industry setting and 4+ years experience in clinical development (Phase I to III) and/or medical affairs or academic clinical setting. In addition, you bring::
- Experience in biomarkers in clinical drug development is beneficial, including basic or advanced understanding of critical development functions, e.g. Clinical Pharmacology, Regulatory, Safety, Operations, Biostatistics, etc.
- Experience in, and / or knowledge of, companion diagnostic development is preferred. Substantial experience in hematology, oncology, personalized healthcare approaches, and translational research is highly desirable
- Confirmed ability to work independently as well as in a matrix environment: you collaborate effectively and you are able to influence teams and functions
- Leadership experience is desirable
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills
- Ability and willingness to travel (20%)
Are you interested in this position and have additional questions? Please check our FAQs and videos on careers.roche.ch/faq
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.