Title: Senior Bioinformatics Analyst
Location: Upper East Side
Org Unit: Olivier Elemento Lab
Work Days: Monday-Friday
Exemption Status: Exempt
Position Summary: Leads the development, testing and maintenance of analytical pipelines used to support genomic testing based on whole exome sequencing and other tests within the lab of world-renowned computational biologist Olivier Elemento, Ph.D., Director of the Englander Institute for Precision Medicine.
• Responsible for biostatistical analysis and data interpretation for large data sets. Performs genomic analyses including mutation analyses, integrates datasets and generates figures summarizing results and key findings.
• Implements pipelines for detecting and annotating mutations from single patient, whole-exome sequencing datasets.
• Implements primary processing pipeline and quality control; runs pipeline(s) on all new samples.
• Implements procedures for disaster recovery and resuming failed jobs.
• Works closely with bioinformatics team(s) to define specifications for information systems, relational datasets, and sequencing analysis.
• Develops novel algorithms and tools for high throughput data analysis.
• Explores new computing platforms, performs benchmarking and implements data sharing.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field
B.S. in molecular biology, genetics, bioinformatics, biomedical engineering or computer science desired. MS or PhD in systems biology, bioinformatics or computer biology is highly desired.
Approximately 3 years of related experience.
Bioinformatics analysis expertise as demonstrated by multiple published papers.
Excellent programming expertise in at least one of the following languages: C, C++, Java or Python.
Experience in biology and/or cancer biology is preferred.
Experience working in an academic environment is highly desired.
Previous experience in designing and building bioinformatics workflows preferred.
Previous experience analyzing and summarizing genomic datasets preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Excellent communication skills.
• Excellent understanding of biology and biomedicine.
• Ability to work with limited supervision.
Follow this link to apply: https://career4.successfactors.com/career?company=C0000274692P&career_job_req_id=26581&career_ns=job_listing&navBarLevel=JOB_SEARCH