Mogrify, a computationally driven Cell Therapy company, is expanding its bioinformatics team.
At Mogrify, we have developed a systematic big data-science approach powered by next-generation sequencing and gene-regulatory data to identify the optimal combination of transcription factors (in vitro) or small molecules (in vivo) for direct cell programming. This allows the conversion of any mature cell type into any other mature cell type without traversing a pluripotent stem cell- or progenitor cell-state. We are applying this approach to address the issues of efficacy, safety and scalability currently associated with cell therapy development and manufacturing, which is estimated to represent a $30 billion USD market opportunity and is rapidly growing (CAGR +30%).
We are looking for a highly motivated and ambitious Senior Bioinformatician with a maths/physics/computational/engineering background who wants to push the boundaries of cell reprogramming to join our expanding team at the Cambridge Science Park in Cambridge, UK. Joining Mogrify means being part of a passionate and innovative team of world experts as part of a growing company.
At Mogrify, you will:
• Be part of a highly dynamic and collaborative environment with pioneering science, integrity and diversity as our core values,
• Play a pivotal role in the R&D team, actively contributing to generate predictions for in vitro validation of human cell conversions using the Mogrify approach;
• Develop novel cell trans-differentiation algorithms and computational tools;
• Analyse complex datasets from challenging biological samples including single-cell technologies and integration of different types of data.
• Bachelors degree in computing, engineering, physics or maths
• PhD in computational biology plus 3–5 years of follow-on experience, or MSc with equivalent follow-on experience
• Knowledge of R and Python and experience in any of: Linux Sysadmin, MySQL, pipelines, or data integration
• Experience in algorithm and bioinformatics software development
• Experience with analysis of next-generation sequencing data
• Proven ability to work independently within a collaborative team, and ability to manage complex projects under pressure and a sense of urgency
• Team player, self-driven with positive thinking and a “can-do” attitude
• Good communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
Benefits of working with Mogrify:
Joining Mogrify means being part of a passionate and innovative team of world experts. We foster a highly dynamic and collaborative environment with pioneering science, integrity and diversity as our core values.
We offer a competitive salary, and stock incentives along with a highly competitive benefits package including a pension contribution scheme as well as health, dental and life insurance.
If you would like to apply for one of these positions, please send your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com clearly stating the role you are applying for. For more information about Mogrify please visit: mogrify.co.uk