Join a Team that Lives to Improve Lives
People come to Genentech from across disciplines and across the world to solve our most challenging medical conditions. You’ll find inspiration in our passion for biotechnology, our purpose to positively impact the lives of millions of patients and our dedication to our people. Joining Genentech means being part of a tradition of inquiry that will change the world. It means embracing our failures as much as our successes. It requires a willingness to look beyond the edge of what’s possible. And a focus on doing the day-to-day work that makes great science happen.
The following opportunity exists in our South San Francisco, CA headquarters:
Scientist/Senior Scientist (Technology), Next Generation Sequencing Group
We are seeking a talented and highly motivated scientist with strong interest and expertise in advancing Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) technologies for genomics research. The candidate will work in a cutting edge, high-throughput NGS lab that enables and provides genomics technology support for Genentech’s Research. Working at the interface of biology and technology the successful candidate will have the opportunity to address fundamental biological questions by using advanced NGS methods and approaches. The candidate will have access to various genomics technologies and will conduct development in rapidly growing areas of i) single cell sequencing, ii) large scale deeply multiplexing transcriptomics, iii) epigenomics and iv) functional genomics. In addition you will lead an effort on assessment and development of custom NGS needs in support of drug target discovery effort across different therapeutic areas. This work will enable implementation of state-of-the-art genomic technologies in support of Research as well as understanding of their utility and contribution towards diverse biological systems. The successful candidate is expected to work independently, have advanced problem solving skills and strong expertise in leading technology development projects. By being a member of the central core group for NGS, the candidate will collaborate with scientists across Research and participate in multidisciplinary efforts focused on advancing NGS utility for large scale genomics.
Who You Are
As a strong candidate, you will have:
• Ph.D in biological sciences plus post-doctoral experience with relevant academic or industry experience in the area of genomics.
• Documented scientific accomplishments as evidenced by strong list of publications in in reputable journals including first author and/or senior author papers.
• Considerable experience within focused area of genomics, extensive knowledge of NGS technologies, platforms, applications as well as strong computational skills.
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively, to manage multiple concurrent, fast-paced projects and to work with multidisciplinary teams.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, strong interpersonal skills. Candidates with supervisory experience will be prioritized.
• A superior work ethic combined with a strong motivation to make a substantial contributions and impact on projects that will excel Genentech research.
A Job with Benefits Beyond the Benefits
A member of the Roche Group, Genentech has been at the forefront of the biotechnology industry for more than 40 years, using human genetic information to develop novel medicines for serious and life-threatening diseases. Genentech has multiple therapies on the market for cancer & other serious illnesses. Please take this opportunity to learn about Genentech where we believe that our employees are our most important asset & are dedicated to remaining a great place to work.
The next step is yours. To apply today, click on the “Apply online” button.
Genentech is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status. For more information about equal employment opportunity, visit our Genentech Careers page.
At Genentech, we share salary ranges with applicants during the recruiting process, if requested. Third party salary estimates may not be accurate or up-to-date.