The Mueller-Planitz group at the Technische Universität Dresden is looking for an ambitious, highly motivated, science-driven and experienced
Scientist/Postdoc in Genomics of Ageing (f/m/x)
This full-time position is available for an initial two-year appointment. The earliest starting date is May 1st, 2020. The salary is according to the public sector scale (E13, 100 % TV-L).
The Mueller-Planitz group will move to the Technische Universität Dresden in spring 2020. The group specializes in chromatin und epigenetics, and combines genomics, mass spectrometry, protein biochemistry and biophysics. Please follow digs-bb.de/mueller-planitz for more details. The group will be located at the Institute for Physiological Chemistry (chair Prof. Jessberger) of the Faculty of Medicine Carl Gustav Carus. The Institute offers an international work environment, excellent research infrastructure and is part of a vibrant biomedicine campus.
In the project, we plan to dissect the changes that occur in chromatin during cellular senescence. We will use genetic techniques and cutting-edge long-read sequencing technology. Besides research, the position involves teaching of biochemistry and molecular biology to students of medicine. The teaching language is German.
• You are (almost) finished with your Ph.D. in biochemistry or a related discipline and are looking for opportunities to continue with your scientific career with enthusiasm and ambition.
• Your Ph.D. work is or will soon be published.
• You have gained robust experience in genomic techniques and their bioinformatic analyses and you are proficient in programming in R.
• You are fluent in English and in German. You are a great team worker and can communicate effectively.
• You work independently and diligently and enjoy innovation.
• Arranging for flexible working hours to find a balance between work and family life
• Using our internal prevention program including courses and fitness in our Carus Vital health Center
• Taking part in job-oriented educational course in our Carus Akademie
• Providing for the future in the form of a company pension plan
• A position according to the TV-L conditions (E13; 100 %)
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Please apply online with registration number PCH0920633 or by e-mail, and include names, emails and telephone numbers of at least two references. Inquiries may be directed to Prof. Felix Mueller-Planitz by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).