Scientist, Protein Chemistry (Reference ID: SC_PC_01)
The Scientist, Protein Chemistry will be a versatile and highly collaborative team player who has a deep understanding of GPCR structure and function, and a desire to positively impact drug discovery. The successful candidate will contribute to our core research capabilities and development of our GPCR platform.
A detailed understanding of signaling assays and GPCR biochemistry is highly desired. The candidate would support screening and engineering of antibodies to GPCR targets and assist in the biophysical characterization of lead therapeutic candidates. This position represents a unique opportunity for the successful applicant to join an innovative start-up at the heart of the Boston biotech ecosystem and contribute to its long-term success.
About Tectonic Therapeutic (www.TectonicTx.com)
Tectonic is a privately held biotechnology company that aims to transform the discovery of novel GPCR-targeted drugs and unlock the therapeutic utility of the most challenging receptors in the class. Tectonic’s founders are at the forefront of scientific research in biochemistry and molecular pharmacology and key contributors to the development of multiple therapies for treatment of autoimmune diseases, cancer and beyond.
• Develop and implement strategies for receptor expression/purification
• Perform detergent extraction and purification of receptors
• Contribute to development, implementation of cell-based assays and new technologies
• Assist in design and purification of antibody-based therapeutics
• Implement assays for manufacturability assessment leading to clinical candidate selection
• Evaluate cell-surface expression by flow cytometry
• Contribute to development and execution of assays using ELISA, ITC, and SPR
• Maintain a detailed and accurate lab notebook
• Ph.D in Biophysics, Biochemistry, or related discipline
• A distinguished track record of publication and achievement
• Experience optimizing membrane protein expression, detergent extraction, purification, and biochemical/biophysical characterization
• Demonstrated knowledge of GPCR signaling and molecular pharmacology (second messenger, radio-ligand binding assays)
• Thorough understanding of the state of the art in GPCR structural biology
• Working knowledge of molecular biology and mammalian cell culture
• Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills
• Keen attention to detail
• Ability to prioritize work across multiple projects to meet goals and timelines
• Desire to quickly learn new skills and adapt to new challenges
Interested applicants may write to firstname.lastname@example.org with attached cover letter and CV in PDF format. Please include the job reference ID in the subject line.