Eisai Inc. was established in 1995 and began marketing its first product in the United States in 1997. Since then we have rapidly grown to become a fully integrated pharmaceutical business. Eisai’s areas of commercial focus include neurology, gastrointestinal disorders and oncology/critical care. The company serves as the U.S. pharmaceutical operation of Eisai Co., Ltd., a research-based human health care (hhc) company that discovers, develops and markets products throughout the world.
Eisai has a global product creation organization that includes U.S.-based R&D facilities in Massachusetts, New Jersey, North Carolina and Pennsylvania as well as manufacturing facilities in Maryland and North Carolina. The company’s areas of R&D focus include neuroscience; oncology; vascular, inflammatory and immunological reaction; and antibody-based programs.
Eisai recognizes that we are the Company’s greatest asset. To this, Eisai is committed to providing us an enabling and empowering work environment that allows us to grow and thrive. In our diverse organization, we adhere to a strict commitment to our values of Integrity, Respect, Professionalism, Quality and Teamwork. We therefore invite you to explore this job opportunity or any others that may match your qualifications and interests.
Eisai Inc. recently developed a new Translational Science department in oncology area. It covers preclinical and clinical translational & biomarker research and clinical pharmacology to accelerate clinical development of candidate oncology drugs. As a part of this new department, we established a Precision Informatics unit. Data science, computational biology and bioinformatics are a fundamentally important core discipline and integral part of Translational Science. This team will play a key role in leveraging internal and external cancer genomics and pharmacogenomics data for developing new breakthrough oncology drugs, with a sharp strategic focus on employing entrepreneurial collaborative and business models to accelerate delivery of innovative medicines that address unmet patient needs.
We are seeking a highly motivated scientist to join the Precision Informatics group within the Translational Science department. This person will be responsible for performing hands-on exploratory and regulatory related biomarker analysis, large-scale genetic, genomic, and other ‘omic analyses, with a primary goal of identifying and validating targets and biomarkers in preclinical studies and clinical trials for oncology. More specifically, this person will participate the design of genomic studies in preclinical and clinical research, implement cutting-edge informatics and statistical methods and tools to analyze the data including WGS/WES/targeted sequencing, RNAseq, epigenetic data, etc, and perform integrative analysis of genomic data and available clinical data in clinical trials. Furthermore, the individual will leverage publicly available cancer genomic and pharmacogenomics data to integrate with Eisai internal data for biomarker analysis. All analysis work will be documented and will follow best practices for enabling reproducible research.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
* Perform data analysis activities including cleaning, handling, integration, and analysis of small- and medium-scale experimental data generated from cell lines, model organisms, and human subjects, including genotype, mRNA, protein, and other data types.
* Analyze large-scale analysis-ready datasets to answer specific focused questions of relevance to project teams.
* Contextualize findings from internal experiments and generate hypotheses for new internal experiments by analyzing and interpreting externally available data.
* Provide appropriate visualization and interpretation of results in preclinical experimental data to support decision making on drug development projects.
* Contribute to preclinical experimental study design to generate statistically meaningful information.
* Prepare and track documentation including analysis plans, result reports, and progress reports.
* Ph.D. degree in Biomedical Sciences, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Biostatistics, Statistical Genetics, Genetic Epidemiology, or closely related field. At least 5 years of experience in hands-on cancer genomic data analysis.
* Must have analytic and statistical skills to conduct analysis of WGS/WES, transcriptomic, proteomic and epigenetic data. Must have experience in clinical outcome analysis.
* Must have a good understanding of human biology. Experience in oncology is highly desirable. Must demonstrate good understanding of drug discovery requirements and processes.
* Must have strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize work.
* Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to act on cross-disciplinary teams; must have demonstrated ability in scientific publications.
*Must have experience with R and Unix/Linux systems. Additional experience with languages/software including Spotfire, Bioconductor, Pipeline Pilot, and SQL is strongly preferred. Ability to use Excel and Python may also be useful.
Here at Eisai, we are rewarded with highly competitive salaries, incentive awards, a comprehensive benefits package (Medical, Dental, Prescription and Vision Plans) 401k, Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Disability Insurance, and other great programs.
Eisai is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants. The Company also strives for a work environment free from discrimination and harassment. It is Eisai’s policy to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations regarding nondiscrimination in employment and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of any protected status, including, but not limited to, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, ancestry, creed, alienage or citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
Eisai is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Vet from tblHiringOrgDefaults<img height=1 width=1 border=0 src=https://eisai.contacthr.com/72959986.jpg />
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: