At St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, we provide state-of-the-art technologies, extraordinary support and a collaborative, bench-to-bedside environment. The Northcott Lab is seeking an outstanding, highly motivated, team-oriented candidate for a Staff Scientist position to join our efforts dedicated to advancing understanding of the molecular and cellular basis of medulloblastoma, the most common malignant childhood brain tumor.
The successful candidate will lead multiple exciting internal and external collaborative projects at the forefront of the field, with a primary focus aimed at elucidating the normal physiological and tumorigenic functions of recently discovered medulloblastoma-associated genes and biological pathways. Qualified candidates will have a strong background in molecular and cellular biology, developmental and stem cell biology, neurobiology, neuroscience, chromatin biology/epigenetics, and/or cancer biology, substantiated by first author publications in high-impact journals. Direct hands-on experience with in vivo functional studies and/or the biological characterization of gene/protein function are required for this position. In addition, competitive candidates will be proficient with molecular cloning, CRISPR/Cas9 gene editing, recombinant virus preparation and transduction, primary and stem cell culture, iPS cell and/or organoid propagation, and a wide spectrum of molecular, biochemical, and cellular assays. Excellent written and communication skills, ability to effectively collaborate with fellow trainees and scientists, and execute tasks in a timely manner are highly desired.
Take the first step to join our team by applying now.
- Independently lead research studies focused on the biology of pediatric brain tumors
- Support internal and external collaborations with other wet- and dry-lab scientists
- Adopt new tools and techniques according to evolving lab priorities
- Provide technical training for new lab members
- Assist the PI with writing of protocols, grant applications, and manuscripts
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant scientific area is required.
- Seven (7) years of relevant post-degree work experience is required
- Five (5) years of relevant post-degree work experience is required with a Master’s degree
- Three (3) years of relevant post-degree work experience is required with a PhD
No Search Firms:St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. Please do not call or email. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee or other representative at St. Jude via email, the internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place and approved by HR will result in no fee being paid in the event the candidate is hired by St. Jude.