Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
The Knowledge Systems Group at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is seeking a Scientist (PhD new grads encouraged to apply!) to take the lead on ongoing translational projects. The Scientist will contribute to our applied precision cancer medicine platforms, focused on mining of cancer genomic datasets and enabling precision medicine initiatives at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.
This is a unique opportunity to work on the application of genomic profiling to cutting-edge clinical and research efforts.
• Drive research and analysis of data from ImmunoProfile, a novel immunotherapy biomarker profiling assay. Support the process of validating ImmunoProfile as a clinical test to guide clinical decision making.
• Lead collaborations between MatchMiner, our open-source clinical trial matching platform, and clinical groups at Dana-Farber, including: develop and maintain relationships with clinical collaborators and stakeholders; determine clinical needs and work with development team to define solutions.
• Opportunity to significantly contribute to other ongoing projects, depending on applicant interest. Potential projects include: training and outreach for MatchMiner; perform impact/outcomes analysis of MatchMiner and write manuscript; development of novel data visualization software for genomic data.
• PhD in biology, genomics, computational biology, bioinformatics, or a related field required. New PhD graduates welcome to apply
• Prior experience in cancer genomics, including the clinical application of cancer genomics, highly preferred
• Experience with genomic data science, including some scripting or programming, preferably in Python highly preferred
Additional Skills & Abilities Required:
• Excellent communication and writing skills.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Exceptional attention to detail.
• Outstanding personal initiative and the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
• Ability to meet deadlines and efficiently multitask.
• Strong leadership skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively work with individuals spanning clinical, research and technical roles.
For more information, or to apply, please visit: https://careers-dfci.icims.com/jobs/18172/scientist%2c-genomics/job
About Dana Farber:
Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute brings together world renowned clinicians, innovative researchers and dedicated professionals, allies in the common mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. Combining extremely talented people with the best technologies in a genuinely positive environment, we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all ages; we conduct research that advances treatment; we educate tomorrow’s physician/researchers; we reach out to underserved members of our community; and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an equal opportunity employer and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry, military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as protected by law.