For our location in Hamburg we are seeking:
Scientist for Vacuum Physics
DESY is one of the world’s leading research centres for photon science, particle and astro particle physics as well as accelera tor physics. More than 2400 employees work at our two locations Hamburg and Zeuthen in science, technology and administration.
The machine vacuum systems (MVS) group is responsible for the vacuum systems of all accelerators at DESY. Within this frame work the group designs, fabricates, assembles, and operates all relevant vacuum components. For new accelerators, we are collaborating with international partners.
- Construction, commissioning and evaluation of facilities for the coating and measurement of properties of NEG-films
- Support for experiments with new coatings
- Layout of NEG-coated vacuum systems
- PhD degree in Physics, Physics Technology or equivalent qualification
- Technical expertise and practical experience in coating with PVD, specifically MSD, are required
- Expertise in surface analysis e.g. with AES or XPS is required
- Expertise with UHV systems is required
- Experience with multiphysics simulations, like COMSOL or ANSYS, is advantageous
For further information, please contact Lutz Lilje +49 40 8998-3074.
The position is limited to 6 years.
Salary and benefits are commensurate with those of public service organisations in Germany. Classification is based upon qualifications and assigned duties. Handicapped persons will be given preference to other equally qualified applicants. DESY operates flexible work schemes. DESY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and encourages applications from women. Vacant positions at DESY are in general open to part-time work. During each application procedure DESY will assess whether the post can be filled with part-time employees.
We are looking forward to your application via our application system:
Deutsches Elektronen-Synchrotron DESY
Human Resources Department | Code: MMA004/2020
Notkestraße 85 | 22607 Hamburg | Germany
Phone: +49 40 8998-3392
Deadline for applications: 01 March 2020