About X4 Pharmaceuticals
Our commitment is to find solutions for patients. Every day, we strive to advance our pipeline of innovative medicines to treat rare diseases. Our first-in-class, oral, small molecule therapeutics are antagonists of chemokine receptor CXCR4, which have the potential to treat a broad range of rare diseases, including primary immunodeficiencies (PIs) and cancer.
X4 Pharmaceuticals, Inc. was founded and is led by a team with deep product development and commercialization expertise, including several former members of the Genzyme leadership team and has its headquarter located in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
X4’s research and development facility in Vienna, Austria, X4 Pharmaceuticals (Austria) GmbH is located on Campus Vienna Biocenter (Helmut-Qualtinger-Gasse 2, 1030 Vienna) and is run by a team of highly motivated scientists and technicians who are dedicated to build a Center of Research Excellence in the field of small molecule therapeutics. X4 Pharmaceuticals (Austria) GmbH is currently offering a full-time employment contract for a Scientist – Discovery.
Summary of the position:
The Scientist – Discovery will contribute to the identification and validation of novel PID targets and therapeutics, with a focus on WHIM and severe congenital neutropenia. Main duties will be to:
- Perform in vitro functional analysis of novel gene variants for expanding the WHIM patient population
- Perform pathway analysis and genetic association studies
- Identify new target gene/pathway candidates based on genetic screening and patient population data
- Design, implement and develop in vitro and ex vivo assays for functional and pharmacological target validation.
- Develop high-throughput assays for candidate drug identification
- Perform detailed mode of action studies to guide lead selection
- Present data at internal and external meetings
- Write reports and scientific publications
Qualifications and skills:
- PhD in Biochemistry, Cell Biology, Genetics or Bioinformatics with at least two years of post-doctoral experience or corresponding biotech experience
- Scientific rigor and strong analytical skills
- Good understanding of immune disease pathways
- Familiarity with bioinformatics workflows
- Strong hands/on experience with genetic manipulation, mammalian cell culture and phenotypic studies
- Experience with protein-protein interaction studies, FACS, confocal microscopy, iPSC handling and/or genetic data mining is beneficial
- Ability to supervise and train laboratory staff
We are offering:
· A strong, dedicated and multinational team of scientists and technicians
· An open, transparent and collegial working environment
· Opportunities for your personal development and to play a key role in a growing international research center
· Opportunity to work at the interface of pre-clinical research and clinical translational science
In accordance with Austrian employment law, the minimum monthly gross salary for the position is
EUR 3.428,19 which we are willing to adjust according to your qualifications, skills and expertise.
Please send your resume and cover letter in English to email@example.com
Please read our X4 Pharmaceuticals (Austria) GmbH Privacy Notice for Applicants, which you will find on our website by following this link: https://www.×4pharma.com/careers/