At St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, we provide state-of-the-art technologies, extraordinary support and a collaborative, bench-to-bedside environment.The Protein Technologies Center (PTC) in the Department of Structural Biology is seeking an outstanding and motivated biochemist with expertise in cryo-electron microscopy (cryo-EM) and image processing methods. The PTC is a multidisciplinary team with expertise in most aspects of structural biology workflow and biophysics. The PTC works with several investigators in the department and across the hospital and is responsible for the construct optimization, protein production, and assessment of difficult protein targets towards structure elucidation. This is a bench-based scientist role where you will be conducting experiments and will interact closely with other scientists and investigators and participate in collaborative research to understand the cell functionality and mechanism of disease.
- The candidate will use their outstanding and documented experience in all aspects of cryo-EM and single particle analysis, from construct design through structure refinement, to pursue several high-impact projects.
- Purification and analysis of the recombinant proteins.
- Evaluation of scientific literature critically and implement innovative technologies to improve the efficiency of the cryo-EM workflow.
- Train and mentor research associates, students, and/or postdoctoral associates who seek to leverage the Protein Technologies Center’s capabilities at St. Jude.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant scientific area is required.
- Seven (7) years of relevant post-degree work experience is required
- Five (5) years of relevant post-degree work experience is required with a Master’s degree
- Three (3) years of relevant post-degree work experience is required with a PhD
No Search Firms:St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. Please do not call or email. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee or other representative at St. Jude via email, the internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place and approved by HR will result in no fee being paid in the event the candidate is hired by St. Jude.