Join a Team that Lives to Improve Lives
People come to Genentech from across disciplines and across the world to solve our most challenging medical conditions. You’ll find inspiration in our passion for biotechnology, our purpose to positively impact the lives of millions of patients and our dedication to our people. Joining Genentech means being part of a tradition of inquiry that will change the world. It means embracing our failures as much as our successes. It requires a willingness to look beyond the edge of what’s possible. And a focus on doing the day-to-day work that makes great science happen.
The following opportunity exists in our South San Francisco, CA headquarters:
Scientist – Bioinformatics, Neuroscience
The Genentech Bioinformatics and Computational Biology department seeks a highly motivated Scientist to study the molecular pathways that contribute to nervous system diseases such as Alzheimer’s Disease, Parkinson’s Disease, ALS and chronic pain. Applicant will work with existing interdisciplinary teams to develop an independent research program to pursue novel therapeutics and biomarkers for disease areas of focus in the Neuroscience department
Who You Are
• You have Postdoctoral training, or exceptional PhD experience, in Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Computational Biology or similar field, including familiarity and a strong desire to work in the field of Neuroscience.
• You have a strong scientific publication record.
• You enjoy using creative and novel informatic approaches and datasets to bring new insights to biological problems, and then working closely with bench scientists to develop those ideas experimentally. You have basic expertise in molecular and cellular biology.
• You have experience working with high dimensional data (e.g. single cell sequence assays, genotype or WGS data, proteomics data, etc.).
• You have demonstrated competence in languages such as R or Python for bioinformatics analyses.
• You are intensely curious about the biology of disease and eager to contribute to scientific efforts focused on understanding the molecular mechanisms underlying disease etiology.
• You are able to present complex results, both verbally and in writing, to computational and non-computational audiences.
• You can work successfully as the bioinformatics lead in cross-functional teams that contribute to drug and biomarker development.
A Job with Benefits Beyond the Benefits
A member of the Roche Group, Genentech has been at the forefront of the biotechnology industry for more than 40 years, using human genetic information to develop novel medicines for serious and life-threatening diseases. Genentech has multiple therapies on the market for cancer & other serious illnesses. Please take this opportunity to learn about Genentech where we believe that our employees are our most important asset & are dedicated to remaining a great place to work.
The next step is yours. To apply today, click on the “Apply online” button.
Genentech is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status. For more information about equal employment opportunity, visit our Genentech Careers page.
At Genentech, we share salary ranges with applicants during the recruiting process, if requested. Third party salary estimates may not be accurate or up-to-date.