Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Scientist Automated Reaction Optimization (m/f/d)
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Devise, execute and analyze reactions in the field of Organic Chemistry
- Use and continuously improve a robotic platform for the optimization of chemical reactions based on autonomous feedback loops
- Spend up to one year at the Massachusetts institute of Technology (Boston) to learn about the newest approaches towards the efficient production of small molecules
- Collaborate and interact with an international, interdisciplinary, and cross-divisional team comprising synthetic chemists, analytical chemists, chemical engineers, robotics experts, computer scientists as well as industrial software architects
- Design and compose publications and deliver presentations to academic and industrial partners
WHO YOU ARE
- PhD in Organic Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Medicinal Chemistry, or related disciplines
- Postdoctoral experience at an internationally recognized institution or industry or comparable working experience desired
- Proficient in synthetic Organic Chemistry and skilled in multistep synthesis or synthetic methodology
- Experience in technical computing (e.g. Matlab), systems control software (e.g. Labview), enabling technologies (e.g. flow chemistry) or in-line process control is beneficial
- Ablility to drive progress independently as well as in a team setting
- Open-minded and ready to challenge the status quo
- Motivated and curious to explore chemical automation and process optimization at the industry-academia interface
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken; knowledge of German is helpful
- Flexible to travel overseas and to different locations worldwide
This is a limited contract for 24 months.
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can show your passion for innovation? Are you interested in working as part of a global team to improve people’s lives? Then send us your online application including cover letter, CV and references.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Location: Frankfurt a.M.
Reference Code: 173962
Functional Area: Chemical R&D