Join a Team that Lives to Improve Lives
People come to Genentech from across disciplines and across the world to solve our most challenging medical conditions. You’ll find inspiration in our passion for biotechnology, our purpose to positively impact the lives of millions of patients and our dedication to our people. Joining Genentech means being part of a tradition of inquiry that will change the world. It means embracing our failures as much as our successes. It requires a willingness to look beyond the edge of what’s possible. And a focus on doing the day-to-day work that makes great science happen.
The following opportunity exists in our South San Francisco, CA headquarters:
Scientist, Antibody Engineering
We are seeking a talented Scientist to focus on antibody engineering in the Genentech Research and Development (gRED) Department of Antibody Engineering, where we discover and engineer life-changing antibody drugs through pioneering science and technology.
The successful candidate will work with dynamic and highly motivated teams to drive the development of antibody therapeutics for unmet medical needs. The candidate will lead his/her own research lab and collaborate across all therapeutic areas at Genentech. This position requires effective participation in multidisciplinary teams with members from Genentech Discovery Research, Developmental Sciences, and Pharma Technical Development.
Primary responsibilities will focus on two areas.
1) Serve as molecule or project team leader to direct therapeutic antibody lead selection, optimization, and engineering for internal antibody drug discovery programs and advance lead molecules into the clinic.
2) Develop new and cutting-edge antibody engineering technologies (e.g., novel formats or targeted delivery methods) to enable first-in-class and best-in class antibody therapeutics.
The individual should leverage skills in protein engineering, structural biology, biochemistry, or computational biology to design creative and innovative solutions to address challenges in various disease areas. Exceptionally strong leadership and communications skills are essential for the position as the individual is expected to lead an independent research group and collaborate across the organization to discover and advance next generation therapeutics.
Who You Are
• Ph.D. in a biological science plus post doc experience, including at least 4 years of recent protein engineering and/or antibody engineering in academia, biotechnology and/or pharma.
• Solid record of accomplishments and publications as evidence of scientific knowledge.
• Deep commitment to working as part of teams.
• Strong communication and leadership skills.
• Passion for problem solving via biochemistry, structural biology, protein engineering, or computational biology methods.
A Job with Benefits Beyond the Benefits
A member of the Roche Group, Genentech has been at the forefront of the biotechnology industry for more than 40 years, using human genetic information to develop novel medicines for serious and life-threatening diseases. Genentech has multiple therapies on the market for cancer & other serious illnesses. Please take this opportunity to learn about Genentech where we believe that our employees are our most important asset & are dedicated to remaining a great place to work.
The next step is yours. To apply today, click on the “Apply online” button.
Genentech is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status. For more information about equal employment opportunity, visit our Genentech Careers page.
At Genentech, we share salary ranges with applicants during the recruiting process, if requested. Third party salary estimates may not be accurate or up-to-date.