Scientific Project Manager
Inscripta is a gene editing technology company dedicated to creating the tools needed to revolutionize how we feed, fuel, and heal humanity. This includes developing a family of CRISPR enzymes (called MADzymes), bespoke nucleases for researchers and commercial partners, and a full suite of gene editing tools (software, instruments, and reagents) that will significantly increase the speed and efficiency of precision gene editing. Due to rapid growth Inscripta has an opening for an exception candidate to lead an effort on importing and creating content solutions for internal and external use. The position can be located in either Boulder, CO or Pleasanton, CA.
The applications team faces the challenge of managing multiple projects simultaneously. These projects may be internal or involve external collaborators. We are seeking a highly organized scientist to lead our project management activities. The ideal candidate would have experience managing projects involving many sites and/or complicated workflows. Additionally, this candidate should have excellent writing skills in order to help articulate work plans. We are looking for someone who loves getting things done and is willing to jump in where needed to help push projects over the line.
• Track project status as well help identify risks and conflicts across multiple projects
• Work with customers to ensure a workplan is in place and paperwork is in order.
• Help plan, organize and manage meetings.
• Implement and maintain effective data organizing principles and systems.
• Pitch in to help with data analysis, write-ups, presentations as needed.
• Support the product development team as needed.
• A PhD in biology, genetics, cell biology or a related field and an additional 2-3 years experience required.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience managing large and/or complex projects.
• Molecular biology and NGS experience required.
• Experience with genome editing methods a plus.
• Experience with Jira, Confluence or other project management tools a plus.
Inscripta offers a competitive base salary, bonus plan, benefits package and stock options to all team members. Join us and work with a great team of people working to create the tools needed to revolutionize how we feed, fuel and heal humanity. Inscripta is headquartered in Boulder, CO with rapidly expanding additional locations in Pleasanton and San Diego California. This position can be located in our Boulder or Pleasanton location, but if located in Pleasanton, regular travel to Boulder will be required.