Directors Department Energy and Information
Area of research:
Reference No. GF 2020/4
The Directors Department Energy and Information is looking for
Scientific Officer (f/m/d) for Energy and Information
- You will make essential contributions to shaping the strategic development of the research portfolio in the HZB’s Energy and Information Divisions at the interface between management and the scientific divisions.
- In a dynamic fast-moving team, you will identify relevant future scientific topics and trends, prepare analyses and concepts and be responsible for complex projects and processes in research management in the German and international research landscape.
- In innovative fields such as hydrogen, batteries and chemical energy carriers, solar energy, energy system research, quantum technology and data science, you will contribute to the strategic orientation of the HZB in close coordination with the CEO and the scientific divisions.
- You will support the CEO for Energy and Information in his strategic and operational tasks.
- You will cooperate and interact with external partners from science and industry and represent the HZB at relevant events.
- You will make a meaningful contribution to solving some of this century´s major societal challenges ranging from carbon neutrality to digitalization.
- You have successfully completed your university studies with a degree in natural or engineering sciences, preferably in chemistry or materials science, with a focus on renewable energy/ clean tech or information – preferably with a PhD, and are looking for an exciting challenge in research management.
- You have professional experience in academia and/or the private sector.
- You have experience in project and research management and a thorough understanding of the national and international scientific landscapes.
- Ideally, you have knowledge of data science / information management
- You think strategically, have excellent organizational skills and can quickly familiarize yourself with complex contents and organizational structures.
- You can work both independently and as a team player and have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong language skills in both German and English are desirable
We offer a multifaceted and challenging job opportunity in a dynamic international working environment and an exciting opportunity to strategically develop important future topics in a fast-moving team. In addition, we offer a variety of further executive training opportunities for your professional and personal development and flexible working hours.
The employment is initially limited to two years, but we aspire to a long-term cooperation.
Dr. Tobias Sontheimer
+49 30 8062 18167
Closing Date: 26.07.2020