We seek a Scientific Managing Editor to join the Journal of General Physiology (JGP) and the Journal of Experimental Medicine (JEM) at the Rockefeller University Press. This position will report to the Director of Editorial Development.
Responsibilities will include:
• Commissioning and overseeing the peer review of “Review” content for both journals
• Partnering with the JGP Editor-in-Chief and JGP Associate Editors in the recruitment of manuscripts, the development of editorial policies, and the strategic development of JGP
• Working closely with JGP’s Managing Editor and JGP’s Production Editor in ensuring the journal is produced on time with appropriate levels of quality
You Have / You Are
• A Ph.D. in biomedical sciences
• Exceptional communication skills, analytical skills and superb attention to detail
• A strong interest in scientific publishing and publication ethics
• Willing and able to travel regularly to attend relevant scientific meetings and to visit research institutions.
Who We Are
Rockefeller University Press (RUP) is committed to quality and integrity in scientific publishing. We use the latest technologies and carry out rigorous peer review, applying the highest standards of novelty, mechanistic insight, data integrity, and general interest to fulfill our mission of publishing excellent science. RUP publishes Journal of Cell Biology (JCB), Journal of Experimental Medicine (JEM), and Journal of General Physiology (JGP) and co-publishes Life Science Alliance (LSA). RUP’s nonprofit journals were established by the research community, and editorial decisions and policies continue to be driven by scientists who actively contribute to their fields, appreciate the value of peer review, and desire a better publication experience for all.
How to Apply
We offer an excellent benefits package, tuition reimbursement and a competitive salary. To apply to this job, click the following URL, click on ‘staff opportunities’ and enter keyword “IRC23909”: http://www.rockefeller.edu/hr/career.php
The Rockefeller University is located on Manhattan’s Upper East Side, on a 15-acre campus, along the East River (www.rockefeller.edu/views.php).
We offer an excellent benefits package, a collaborative work environment, and a competitive salary.
The Rockefeller University is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans