The mission of The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center is to
eliminate cancer in Texas, the nation, and the world through outstanding
programs that integrate patient care, research and prevention, and through
education for undergraduate and graduate students, trainees, professionals,
employees and the public.
**The ideal candidate will have Bioinformatics experience**
* Supervises computational scientists to perform data analysis on a variety of projects that include analysis, integration and interpretation of Nanostring, exome sequencing, RNA-seq, CHIP-Seq, microarray and other experimental data in the setting of immunotherapy.
* Directs the bioinformatics group to investigate state-of-the-art
statistical analysis tools and apply to IMT's data. Effectively visualize
the result and present to the collaborators.
* Independently searches literatures in the field of bioinformatics,
writes the bioinformatics analysis and methods section for manuscripts and grant applications.
* Recruitment, education, evaluation and retention of competent and qualified personnel.
* Overviews the hardware and software requirements for high
throughput data storage and analysis. Recommends, schedules, and
performs software improvements and upgrades.
* Provides bioinformatics consultation for clinical and biological
research projects. Works closely with clinical scientist and provides
custom solutions for sequencing, gene expression, proteomics and
other data to expedite scientific projects.
Required: Bachelor's degree in one of the basic sciences.
Preferred: Master's or PhD in one of the basic sciences.
Required: Seven years relevant research experience to include two years in a supervisory/managerial capacity. With preferred Masters degree, five years of required experience to include two years in a supervisory/managerial capacity and with preferred PhD, three years of required experience to include two years in a supervisory/managerial capacity.
Preferred: Bioinformatics experience.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html SONJ
Requisition ID: 127338
Employment Status: Full-Time
Employee Status: Regular
FLSA: exempt and not eligible for overtime pay
Work Week: Days
Fund Type: Soft
Pivotal Position: Yes
Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 87,000
Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 130,000
Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 173,000