World leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux conceives, develops, produces and markets diagnostics solutions (systems, reagents, software and services) intended for clinical and industrial applications, which determine the origin of a disease or a contamination to improve the health of patients and insure consumer safety.
bioMérieux is present in 43 countries and serves more than 160 countries with the support of a large network of distributors. Its corporate headquarters are located in Marcy l’Etoile, near Lyon, in France.
Joining bioMérieux, is choosing to join an innovative company with a long term vision, committed to the service of public health and carried out with a humanistic corporate culture.
We look for candidates whose motivation is to invest in themselves, in the projects of the future, and to participate in a collective adventure led by a pioneering spirit.
We have the commitment to offer our collaborators a working environment which encourages team spirit, with priority given to training and development with international career opportunities.
Our Group offers numerous possibilities: so come and join the 11,200 bioMérieux employees who have already identified with these values!
As Scientific Leader, you will directly report to the ‘Open Innovation & Partnerships’ Department and be part of the Clinical Unit. In this position, you will be responsible for leading a team of the bioMérieux-Hospices Civils de Lyon Joint Unit. The Joint Unit was created 16 years ago and is dedicated to the characterization of host-response to infectious diseases (sepsis), severe inflammatory syndromes and organ failures.
You will be in charge of the scientific and technical coordination of clinical research projects, ensure the effective and efficient operational management of the laboratory and contribute to optimizing/developing the biomarker project portfolio. You will be part of a team recognized at international level for its outstanding expertise and achievements in the field of translational research applied to better management care of emergency and ICU patients (>150 publications over the last 5 years), providing an ideal environment for developing the in vitro diagnostic tools of the future.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Coordinate clinical research projects both at technical and scientific levels and, together with the team, ensure efficient implementation of two European projects recently granted funding from the European Commission (H2020 and EIT Health).
- Be the interface between the internal bioMérieux cross-functional teams (R&D, marketing, Intellectual Property, etc.) and external parties (HCL, clinicians, and other national and international collaborators).
- Ensure the smooth and efficient organisation, management and sustainable development of the Unit recognized as the hospital’s technical centre of excellence in particular in the field of immune system monitoring.
- Manage and supervise a research team of about 10 individuals from diverse technical/scientific backgrounds and valorise achievements through publications and patents.
- Engage in the supervision of students.
Travels: about once a quarter in Europe (congresses, project’s meetings)
Background and experience
- Medical Doctor Degree, Pharmacist Degree and/or PhD with 5+ years of experience in translational research.
- Strong knowledge of immunology, molecular and cellular biology, physiopathology and clinical research (clinical protocol writing, implementation and follow-up).
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken scientific English.
- Experience in project coordination is a plus.
- High level ability to write scientific/medical papers.
- Ability to convince, lead and motivate a team with a positive mind-set.
- Multitasking skills and ability to work autonomously, run several projects at once and address requests and priorities in a timely manner.
- Capacity to work with precision, analysis and attention to detail. Good communication and interpersonal skills.
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org