Are you energized by an opportunity to better leverage your scientific and project leadership expertise? If so, this Scientific Leader role could be an exciting opportunity to explore. The successful candidate will work in the computational biology group at Cellzome (a GSK company) in Heidelberg leading the team developing state-of-the-art analysis and integration methods for disease tissue characterization using single cell and spatial omics data.
- Leading a group of computational biologists focusing on analysis of single cell and spatial omics data
- Method development for large scale data analysis and biological interpretation with the aim of identifying and validating new targets
- Project management
- Stakeholder management and communication of complex informatics principles, methods, analyses and results to scientists in a multi-disciplinary environment
- PhD in Computational biology, bioinformatics, computational sciences, or biomedical/biological sciences with a strong background in bioinformatics
- Demonstrated experience leading people and/or larger projects
- Demonstrated experience in development of analysis methods of genomics data either on a single cell or bulk level including contextualization of the results
- Experience in a programming language (such as R, or Python) for complex data analysis.
- Knowledge of fundamental concepts in biology and statistics
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in English
- Preferably experience in analysis of spatial omics data and/or imaging analysis
- Preferably skills to collect, integrate, mine and analyze complex biological data and translate these into testable hypotheses
- Preferably Familiarity with genome-wide genetic, genomic, pathway and network methods
- Familiarity with common bioinformatics databases, resources and tools