Scientific Lead, Immunosafety, pRED Pharmaceutical Sciences
Roche Pharma Research and Early Development (pRED) translates extraordinary science into medical innovation through a diversity of technologies and talent located across seven research sites worldwide. We deliver on individual patient needs through a deep understanding of disease biology and the implementation of Personalized Healthcare strategies.
pRED Pharmaceutical Sciences (PS) is a single Global Function, comprised of seven research units, spanning six sites across three continents, covering the areas of Investigative Safety; Project Leaders and Modeling & Simulation; Clinical Pharmacology and Bioanalytical R&D; Strategic Outsourcing, Operations and Externalization; Comparative Toxicology and Pharmacology; BiOmics and Pathology.
In BiOmics (Biomarkers, Bioinformatics and Omics) and Pathology, we provide expert solutions to pRED projects by generating and integrating molecular, cellular, tissue and functional data.
This way, we deliver unique and holistic insights into drug safety and efficacy and enable informed decisions to bring the best drugs to patients.
As the Scientific Lead, Immunosafety you will be the key driver for the development and implementation of the immunosafety strategy in line with the overall vision and deliverables of the department. You will provide strong scientific and matrix leadership for pRED immunosafety assessments and decisions with the objective to accelerate the development of innovative medicines for patients.
- Drives immunosafety strategy for innovation and portfolio delivery.
- An internal and external leader in immunosafety sciences. Acts as a champion and consultant on immunosafety both within pRED and outside including interactions with health authorities.
- Scientific and matrix leadership to ensure expert immunosafety input to project strategies and decision making. Accountable for project prioritization, budget and quality.
- Maintains and builds a network of external expertise and is well-connected to the drivers of new and emerging scientific innovation and technologies in this fast-progressing field.
- Provides guidance in the design of (early) safety programs, provides expert input to safety issues and addresses questions on risk assessment.
- Active scientific mentor and role model for team members and participates in their development.
- Implements strategic alliances within Roche and with external partners.
The Scientific Lead, Immunosafety is a well-established, experienced and inspiring leader in the pharma industry in immunological/immunosafety sciences with proven experience e.g., PhD, DVM or MD with at least 10 years post PhD/post-doctoral experimental immunology experience within industry.
As the ideal candidate you have extensive experience in developing biologics, namely mAbs, peptides, new entities (e.g. fusion/bispecific molecules) and immune-engaging molecules.
- You master basic and current immunology and have solid experience in applying this knowledge to complex issues.
- You have excellent leadership skills, accomplished coaching and mentorship skills and a commitment to influence and innovate your field of expertise in a matrix environment.
- You are a team player.
- You display excellent strategic thinking, self-initiative and a strong sense of accountability with an ability and willingness to challenge, be challenged and learn.
- You are a rigorous scientist and passionate about innovation.
Are you ready to apply? We want someone who thinks beyond the job offered – someone who knows that this position can be a rare springboard to many other opportunities at Roche.
Roche embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Roche is an equal-opportunities employer.