Molecular Cell and Cell Reports are seeking a full-time Scientific Editor to help publish the best research in molecular biology. This is a unique position, and the successful candidate will primarily handle papers at Molecular Cell while also facilitating a smooth transition for authors who want to transfer their manuscript to Cell Reports. We are looking for candidates with strong communication skills and research experience in one or more of the topics published in Molecular Cell – see our Aims and Scope – https://www.cell.com/molecular-cell/aims
This is a full-time editorial position. While our teams are primarily based in the Cell Press office in Cambridge, MA, we are also open to candidates who could work from our offices in the UK or Netherlands. Candidates with prior editorial experience are encouraged to apply.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Please include a cover letter describing why you are interested in the job and how your skills and knowledge could contribute to the journal.
- Assessing submitted research papers
- Overseeing the peer review process
- Establishing relationships with researchers
- Recruiting exciting research studies and review material
- Connecting the Molecular Cell and Cell Reports editorial teams
- Representing both journals and Cell Press at scientific meetings and visits to research institutions
- Building effective working relationships with colleagues across Cell Press and beyond
- Contributing to broader Cell Press initiatives to shape the future of science communication
- Broad interests, love of science, and desire to learn.
- A talent for clear communication.
- Interest in digital communication and publishing trends.
- Creativity, willingness to experiment, and desire to improve.
- The ability to organize, prioritize, and focus.
- Great interpersonal skills.
- Collaboration and networking skills
- PhD in relevant discipline; post-doctoral experience preferred.
- Previous editorial experience would be welcomed, but this is not necessary (training will be provided).
- Background in leading or running a research group or working in industry are also encouraged to apply.
Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact 1.877.734.1938 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Elsevier is a global information analytics business that helps institutions and professionals progress science, advance healthcare and improve performance for the benefit of humanity. We help researchers make new discoveries, collaborate with their colleagues, and give them the knowledge they need to find funding. We help governments and universities evaluate and improve their research strategies. We help doctors save lives, providing insight for physicians to find the right clinical answers, and we support nurses and other healthcare professionals throughout their careers.Elsevier provides digital solutions and tools in the areas of strategic research management, R&D performance, clinical decision support, and professional education; including ScienceDirect, Scopus, SciVal, ClinicalKey and Sherpath. Elsevier publishes over 2,500 digitized journals, including The Lancetand Cell, more than 35,000 e-book titles and many iconic reference works, including Gray?s Anatomy. Elsevier is part of RELX Group, a global provider of information and analytics for professionals and business customers across industries. Elsevier employs over 7,000 people in more than 70 offices worldwide. We are an employer of choice, attracting and developing talented and creative people who thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment. We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package as well as a real opportunity for career growth in a growing organization.