The Institute for Hygiene and Microbiology of the University Würzburg combines clinical diagnostics, hygiene and state of the art research in infectious diseases with services in patient care. The Chair for Medical Microbiology and Mycology is among the internationally leading centers for the diagnosis of invasive fungal infections. Our research focusses on epidemiology and diagnosis as well as infection biology of human pathogens with a major focus on invasive fungal infections. To strengthen our team, we invite talented and motivated candidates to apply for a:
Scientific Coordinator (f/m/d)
(TVL-E13, 50% part-time employment).
The position is available immediately. We expect a PhD with research experience in microbiology, immunology or related research fields and a strong interest in the development of research strategies and networking. Excellent oral and written communication skills in German and English are required. This is a part-time position with flexible daily working times.
- Preparation and management of meetings and events
- Support in strategic development of our research in the institute and together with national and international partnering institutions
- Support in writing grant proposals and reports
- Support of our scientists in outreach activities, including social networks and public communication
- A PhD in life sciences, ideally related to infection research
- Excellent skills in both written and spoken English and German
- Excellent skills in project/time management and organization
- Very good skills in relevant software (Powerpoint, Word, Adobe InDesign and others)
- Excellent communication skills and experience with social networks.
The full-time position is initially limited to two years, an extension is possible.
The Julius-Maximilians-University of Würzburg is an equal opportunities employer and place emphasis on fostering career opportunities for women. Qualified women are therefore strongly encouraged to apply. The Julius-Maximilians-University of Würzburg intends to raise the number of disabled persons in its employment. In the case of equally qualified applicants, disabled persons will be preferentially considered.
Applications should be submitted in English or German and should include a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, a complete list of publications, copies of certificates, names of up to three academic references. Closing date for applications: 30th of November 2019.
Applications should be submitted as a single pdf file by e-mail (subject line: manager_2019) to: