Resesarch Scientist, Mucosal Immunology and Inflammation
The Immunology & Inflammation department at Gilead Sciences is seeking a motivated scientist with a strong mucosal immunology background. As a member of a cross-functional team, the successful candidate will support research teams aimed at the discovery and development of therapeutic agents for Inflammatory Bowel Disease.
• Develop and implement critical path studies needed to support hypothesis-based research in inflammation
• Leverage state-of-the-art in vitro and in vivo model systems to interrogate multiple aspects of pathobiology
• Work on complex problems where the development and implementation of non-routine assays and analysis are required
• Interface with cross-functional and cross-site subject matter experts, project teams, and external vendors to advance projects
• Make contributions to scientific literature and conferences through publication and presentation of research results
• Work independently and effectively on multiple programs in a fast-paced environment
• Strong motivation, attention to detail, with the ability to think independently and integrate into a high-achieving team environment
Knowledge and Skills:
• Demonstrated expertise in mucosal immunology and/or inflammation research
• Strong understanding of inflammatory molecular mechanisms
• Familiarity with in vitro and in vivo model systems of inflammation
• Experience with the isolation of primary immune cells from blood and tissue and the development of subsequent functional assays
• Experience with multi-color flow cytometry
• Ability to develop and execute non-routine research activities and analyze complex data sets
• Ability to synthesize complex scientific problems into a strategy
• Proven publication record
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• PhD in mucosal immunology, immunology, inflammation, or related field with 3-5 years of relevant post-graduate research
• Detail-oriented with excellent record-keeping and organizational skills
• Must be a flexible, results oriented, independent self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced dynamic environment
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit: https://apptrkr.com/1466562