The NSSTC is looking to hire a Remote Sensing Junior Researcher to support the development of NSSTC Space mission projects and R&D activities. Overall objectives of the job are:
• Assist in developing advanced classification methods to build the habitat maps of UAE using very high resolution satellite data.
• Assist in developing approaches for accuracy assessment of the habitat maps by means of extensive field sampling protocols and statistical methods.
• Assist in providing high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of UAEU and the NSSTC.
• Ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication.
• The junior researcher is expected to work closely but also independently from the senior research staff.
• The ability to work with students at UAE University as a mentor is required. Travel may be required – both domestic and international.
• The position is located at the NSSTC facility in Al Ain. Compensation based on experience level.
1 year of experience on remote sensing (optional)