The Department of Pathology at St. Jude is looking for a Researcher to work in the departmental Flow Cytometry Core, which supports faculty members and scientists across the institution on translational research projects and develops novel assays for the Clinical Immunopathology laboratory.
For this institutionally-funded position, the ideal candidate would have experience in molecular biology/biochemistry, cell culture techniques, and flow cytometry. The successful candidate will be strongly encouraged to work towards certification in flow cytometry with an internationally-recognized association, for example SCYM.
In this role you will have the following responsibilities:
- Perform flow cytometry assays for research aims associated with St. Jude investigator-led clinical trials.
- Help develop new flow cytometry assays for clinical testing.
- Assist evaluate new technologies that may transition into the clinical laboratory environment.
- Assist in training other laboratory personnel.
- Perform other duties as assigned or directed in order to meet the goals and objectives of the department.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant scientific area is required
- no experience required
No Search Firms:St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. Please do not call or email. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee or other representative at St. Jude via email, the internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place and approved by HR will result in no fee being paid in the event the candidate is hired by St. Jude.