The Luxembourg Centre for Systems Biomedicine (LCSB) is an interdisciplinary research centre at the University of Luxembourg. LCSB develops and applies systems-level approaches to gain insight into the molecular and cellular mechanisms of human diseases. Experimental and computational approaches are combined to analyse the complexity of biological systems underlying disease pathogenesis. The LCSB is pioneering the way for a predictive, preventive and personalised medicine. Neurodegenerative diseases, especially Parkinson’s disease are major targets within LCSB’s research activities.
We are looking for a full-stack developer to work on different web applications developed in-house as part of our data integration and analysis system.
- Contribute to the collection of users’ requirements and design of new features
- Write reliable and efficient code
- Work closely with other team members aiming for a high level of quality and user satisfaction
- Design and develop tests using test automation suits
- Become a key actor of continuous improvement and innovation within the group
For further information, please contact:
Dr. Venkata Satagopam (email@example.com)
Research Scientist, Deputy Head of the Bioinformatics Core Facility and Technical coordinator of the ELIXIR-Luxembourg Node
- An interest in state-of-the-art technologies
- Autonomous, dynamic and curious
- Knowledge of the following technologies:
- Python and/or Java
- A Higher-education degree (Un software engineering/computer science or in another field but with equivalent proven experience as software developer
- Expertise in the following is considered an advantage but is NOT mandatory:
- MVC frameworks such as Flask, Django, Spring MVC
- ORMs such as Hibernate and SQLAlchemy
- Web frameworks such as Vue.js and React
- Elasticsearch/Solr, Postgres, MongoDB
- Track record in production-level software project including unit testing and using Agile principles;
- REST APIs
- Linux shell
- Continuous integration / delivery
- A fully funded Research and Development grading position and the University offers competitive salaries based on the candidate’s experience
- Participate in the building of state-of-the-art translational medicine platform to enable precision medicine
- An opportunity to join the fast-growing Bioinformatics Core Facility group headed by Prof. Dr. Reinhard Schneider at LCSB
- An exciting international environment
- Work place is Belval / Luxembourg
Online applications should be addressed to:
Prof. Dr. Reinhard Schneider
Head of the Bioinformatics Core Facility and Head of the ELIXIR-Luxembourg Node
Please apply online until 15th of March 2020.
Applications (in English) should contain the following documents:
- A detailed curriculum vitae
- Cover letter mentioning the reference number
- List of publications/software projects
- Description of past experience and future interests
- Name and addresses of three referees
All applications will be handled in the strict confidentiality.
The university is an equal opportunity employer.