Research Scientist/Senior Research Scientist
Sheffield, England, GB
Requisition ID: 1618
We have an immediate opening for a Research Scientist / Senior Scientist with in-depth working knowledge and experience of dermal drug delivery and the relevant in vitro and in vivo experiments. The successful candidate will assist with the development of systems pharmacology models and algorithms concerning dermal absorption and bioavailability within Simcyp Simulators. Candidates should have in-depth experience of literature data gathering, statistical data analysis and assessment of dermal drug products’ performance. In-depth understanding of the impact of various critical quality attributes (e.g. formulations, excipients, and physiological variables) on drug product performance is essential. Practical experience in analysis of bioequivalence studies and familiarity with the in vitro permeation tests will be a significant advantage. The post also involves research and development of mechanistic PBPK/PD models in various other areas including oral, ocular, intramuscular, subcutaneous and inhalation drug delivery systems.The post holder is expected to provide on-going customer support and education and training related to the use of the Simcyp Simulators and to act as tutor at Simcyp workshops. The post does not include laboratory or clinical work. We offer a unique and exciting mix of academic and commercial environments which encourage regular attendance at scientific meetings as part of continuous education programs. The projects are scientifically challenging yet focus on solving practical issues relevant to modern drug development and hence collaborative work with pharmaceutical companies is part of the activities. All scientists are expected to participate in writing scientific reports relevant to their work under the guidance of our world-leading senior scientists within the group.
· Minimum MSc (or equivalent experience) in pharmaceutical sciences or related fields.
· In-depth working knowledge and understanding of dermal drug delivery and critical quality attributes impacts on the product performance
· In-depth experience in literature data gathering and analysis.
· Demonstrable communication skills, as evident by presentation at scientific meetings, and good interpersonal and organizational skills.
· Hands-on experience in R, Matlab or any other similar language
· Having some knowledge of in vitro experiments for dermal absorption assessment
· Scientific publications in peer-reviewed journals
· Knowledge of dermato-pharmacokinetics and PBPK-PD models in these areas
· Use of PBPK modelling in industrial settings and regulatory interactions
· Awareness of R&D process in pharmaceutical companies