ViraTherapeutics is a subsidiary of the Boehringer Ingelheim group of companies: a perfect symbiosis of big pharma and a biotech start-up vibe. Located in the beautiful city of Innsbruck, Austria – a great place to live and to work – our dedicated Research & Development team develops innovative viral-based immune-oncology treatment options.
We are looking for an experienced, highly motivated and creative
Research Scientist Virology/Immunology (f/m/diverse)
Your various tasks will include:
- Develop compelling concepts to modify interactions of oncolytic viruses with the innate and adaptive immune responses of the host.
- Perform molecular engineering of RNA viruses for application in cancer immunotherapy and development of cell-based immunoassays, including project planning, data analysis, evaluation and documentation according to industry standards.
- Work in close collaboration with other team members and external partners from academia and industry, including presentation of project work at internal conferences.
- Train and supervise technical staff
Your ideal qualification:
- PhD in Life Sciences with an excellent background at the interface of cancer biology, immunology and virology with a specific interest in virus/host-cell interactions and innate/adaptive immunity. 1-3 years prior postdoc experience is an advantage but not a requirement.
- Profound knowledge of Dendritic and T-cell biology and experience in cell-based immuno-assays (T-cell priming, activation and killing assays) is required. Hands on experience in animal tumor models and/or virus reverse genetic approaches is a strong plus.
- Evidence of scientific rigor and excellence as documented by first author peer-reviewed publications
- Strong team player with excellent communication skills and fluency in English, both spoken and written; German language skills would be highly appreciated (otherwise willingness to learn German)
- You will have the unique possibility to drive research towards a novel cancer therapy. We offer a responsible position with multifaceted and exciting tasks in an engaged scientific team.
- Work within the concentrated, science driven atmosphere of a small biotech company whilst at the same time benefit from being part of the global group of Boehringer-Ingelheim, one of the pharmaceutical industry’s top 20 companies worldwide.
- For this position, we offer a competitive salary considering your expertise and personal competencies as well as your professional experience.
ViraTherapeutics GmbH, Dr. Tobias Nolden, Exlgasse 20a, 6020 Innsbruck, Austria, www.viratherapeutics.com
We look forward to receiving your application by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send your electronic application (in English) in a single PDF file including CV and a complete list of publications, statement of research interests, and at least two reference letters.