Evotec is a leader in the discovery and development of novel small molecule drugs with operational sites in Europe and the US. The Company has built substantial drug discovery expertise and an industrialized platform that can drive new innovative small molecule compounds into the clinic. In addition, Evotec has built a deep internal knowledge base in the treatment of diseases related to neuroscience, pain, oncology, inflammation, and metabolic diseases. Leveraging these skills and expertise, the company intends to develop best-in-class differentiated therapeutics and deliver superior science-driven discovery alliances with pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies.
At our headquarter in Hamburg, we are looking for a dedicated and professional
Research Scientist/Team Leader Bioinformatics (f/m/d)
Full time and permanent
with a keen interest in implementing and applying state of the art bioinformatics solutions to support target identification and drug discovery.
At Evotec, we are applying advanced methods in Transcriptomics, Proteomics, CRISPR, and compound screening to generate large volumes of biological data. In close collaboration with wet-lab and project scientists, the bioinformatics teams analyze these data to generate knowledge about gene function and compound activities in various disease areas. As integral part of the data analysis, we develop our own pan-omics software platform.
Your key responsibilities
- Build and lead a bioinformatics team to support drug discovery activities at Evotec Hamburg
- Analyze diverse omics data sets from platforms like (single cell) RNA-Seq, Nanopore sequencing, pooled CRISPR screens
- Develop methods and software tools for omics data analysis
- Work with researchers in interdisciplinary project teams in multiple research programs
- Collaborate with other sites’ bioinformatics leaders and team, to share and adopt best bioinformatics practices
- PhD in bioinformatics, computational biology or a related natural science discipline
- Experience in the analysis of NGS data
- Experience in single cell RNA-Seq and/or Nanopore sequencing is a plus
- Demonstrated strong programming skills in R and Python
- Proficiency in working with bioinformatics tools and understanding of common bioinformatics algorithms
- Knowledge of software development methodology (version control, testing, documentation) is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work independently in a fast-paced work environment
- Experience in leading a team, in an international company, is a plus
- A permanent position within a vigorous and exciting professional environment promoted by an open culture and a spirit of community
- A diverse, international workforce with a dynamic working environment that fosters creativity, innovations and teamwork
- Capital forming benefits, flexible working hours, holiday pay, and annual bonus depending on performance
To apply, please click on the “Apply” button and provide your application documents (CV and cover letter, including earliest possible start date and salary requirements). We are looking forward to get to know you and to your application.