Opportunity to work at the cutting edge of drug development
Hummingbird Bioscience is an innovative clinical-stage biotech company focused on developing precision therapies against hard-to-drug targets to improve treatment outcomes. We harness the latest advances in systems biology and data science to better understand and solve the underlying causes of disease and guide development of our therapeutics.
Enabled by our proprietary Rational Antibody Discovery platform, we discover antibodies against optimal yet elusive epitopes on important targets that have not been successfully drugged, unlocking novel mechanisms of action. We are advancing a rich pipeline of first- and best-in-class precision therapies in oncology and autoimmunity, in collaboration with global partners in academia and industry.
Our highly experienced teams in the US and Singapore span antibody discovery, pharmacology, production and clinical development. Together we aim to accelerate the journey of new drugs from concept to clinical care. For more information, please visit www.hummingbirdbioscience.com, and follow Hummingbird Bioscience on LinkedIn and Twitter.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Hummingbird Bioscience is seeking a highly motivated research scientist/senior scientist with strong biophysical/biochemical and/or chemistry background to support the Antibody Drug Conjugate (ADC) team. Reporting to the ADC Platform lead, the role will support ADC research, technology development, and project management.
- Design and execute synthesis and purification of Antibody Drug Conjugates independently with minimal supervision
- Perform experiments involving bioconjugation, medicinal chemistry and protein engineering to develop new therapeutic ADC technology
- Lead development of appropriate biochemical and biophysical methods for characterization of property, stability, and degradation mechanisms of the ADCs
- Develop timelines, setup materials testing plan, collaborate with cross-functional team members to support critical program activities and meet key deliverables
- Author/review technical documents, such as study protocols, technical reports and technology transfer documents to internal and external collaborators to support manufacturing of clinical stage ADC drug products
- Perform data analysis of experimental results and present work regularly to various stakeholders
- Contribute to patents, publications, and technical reports
CORE EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- PhD in related discipline (Biochemistry, Biophysics, Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Science or a related field) with a minimum of 2-5 years’ relevant academic or industry experience.
- Passionate about ADCs as a modality to treat patients, prior experience in ADC synthesis is essential.
- Expertise in protein chemistry and protein characterization with keen analytical and problem-solving skills are a must.
- Hands on experience using various protein purification and biophysical techniques including chromatography (SEC, IEX, HIC), dialysis, and UF-DF
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to multitask and creative problem-solving abilities.
**One-time relocation will be provided