Research Scientist Oncology
The Oncology department at Gilead Sciences is seeking a highly motivated and creative scientist to support the discovery and development of novel therapeutics focused on enhancing anti-tumor immunity. The successful candidate will design and conduct biological experiments to investigate potential targets in pathways that influence recognition of cancer cells by the immune system. Areas of interest include (but are not limited to) immunogenic cell death, epigenetic regulation of immunogenicity, neoantigen generation, antigen processing and presentation, and immunosuppressive signaling in the tumor cell or tumor microenvironment.
• Design, perform, and oversee evaluation of new molecular targets, therapeutic concepts, and therapeutic agents.
• Define critical path studies needed to support hypothesis-based research.
• Analyze and interpret complex data, formulate conclusions, and propose experimental strategies within the context of broader project goals.
• Identify, define, and oversee external collaborations/CROs which support projects in oncology therapeutic targets.
• Maintain knowledge of scientific advances and competitive activity from literature, scientific meetings and external contacts.
Knowledge and Skills:
• In-depth knowledge of molecular and biological pathways which contribute to cancer development and interaction with the immune system.
• Experience designing and executing scientific studies for the discovery and investigation of non-clinical drug development candidates.
• Knowledge of pre-clinical models of cancer including xenografts, genetically modified models and patient derived tumor explants and syngeneic tumor models. Experience with tumor-immune cell co-culture models is an asset.
• Excellent technical skills applicable to state-of-art cellular biology and pharmacology. Experience with multicolor flow cytometry is an asset.
• Strong motivation, independence, and ability to work in a high-pace multidisciplinary, matrix environment with minimal supervision.
• Detail-oriented with excellent record keeping and organizational skills.
• Strong communication and data presentation skills, both written and oral.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
To apply, visit: https://apptrkr.com/1915164