We are seeking a Research Scientist – The Besner laboratory is searching for research scientists or post-doctoral fellows to continue NIH-funded research studies in two major areas:
1) one position for studies on protection of the intestines from injury including necrotizing enterocolitis (NEC); and
2) a second position for studies on production of tissue engineered intestine. Experiments are conducted at the molecular biology, cell biology, and whole animal model levels. Current studies have progressed to swine models as the next step towards clinical application of these technologies.
Dr. Besner’s research has been continuously funded by the National Institutes of Health since 1994. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a team that is working to translate our research findings from the laboratory to the bedside to help patients. If clinically-relevant research designed to save lives is of interest to you, please consider this important position.
Interested individuals should send a curriculum vitae, a statement of research interests, and the name of three references to Dr. Gail Besner at email@example.com.
- The successful candidate will have extensive previous experience in areas including molecular biology, cell biology, tissue engineering and animal handling.
- The candidate will conduct independent research projects, write manuscripts, assist in the preparation of research grant proposals, present their research at national meetings, and prepare budget proposals for conducting research studies.
- Previous animal handling and model experience is desired
- MD, Ph.D, Pharm.D., or equivalent degree.
- Research experience in molecular biology, cell biology, tissue engineering and animal handling.
- Ability to do technical writing, and good communication skills.