Skoltech Center for Energy Science and Technology (CEST) is seeking for a Research Scientist (full-time) having expertise in computational materials science covering areas such as modeling of materials for energy storage (rechargeable batteries), and development of high-throughput computational tools for materials modeling. A particular interest is in development of novel competitive energy storage technologies. The preferred starting date is April 2020, but it can be negotiated.
We are looking for a highly qualified candidate committed to research, education, and innovation, who holds a Ph.D. degree (or equivalent) in Physics and Mathematics, and has experience in battery materials design and development, validated by publications in top peer-reviewed journals.
A solid background in the following areas is highly desirable:
- Solid-state chemistry and physics including knowledge of structure and properties of functional inorganic materials and the chemical processes and transformations that they undergo;
- Condensed matter physics, thermodynamics, crystallography;
- Quantum mechanics and density functional theory (DFT) methods;
- Calculations with DFT codes (VASP, Abinit, etc.);
- Programming in Python, development of tools for materials modeling;
- Nudged elastic band method, cluster expansion method;
- Calculations of bulk and surface atomic structure, phase stability plots, migration barriers;
Your will work on the development of new electrode materials for metal-ion batteries using computational methods in a tight collaboration with experimentalists. The duties will also include leading innovative research projects and submitting proposals and applications for external funding, and strengthening educational aspects in your area. Teaching and research are carried out in English.
Skoltech Center for Energy Science and Technology (CEST) is an interdisciplinary center for research, education and innovation at Skoltech that focuses on study and development of devices and systems that can dramatically advance portable electronics, electric vehicle transportation and grid energy storage sectors.
- A challenging job in an international, dynamic and professional environment;
- Synergy between science, innovations, and technology;
- Substantial research support;
- Internationally competitive salary, commensurate with experience, qualifications and previous publication record;
To apply send CV, two recommendations and a brief motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Application” before April 1st.