Lushan Botanical Garden of Chinese Academy of Sciences is worldwide seeking applications for its research positions of the garden.
Lushan Botanical Garden founded in 1934, a prestigious botanical institution of botanical research, plant conservation and science education in China. The garden is aiming to meet the major scientific and technological needs of constructing national ecological civilization and economic and social development of Jiangxi Province, currently through integrating the innovative resources of the Chinese Academy of Sciences and Jiangxi Province. The garden is dedicated to study of subalpine plants and upgrade into a world-class and multidisciplinary subalpine botanical garden, and contributions to a “Jiangxi model” of beautiful China. The scientific research focuses include regional flora of Central and Eastern China, ex situ plant conservation, subalpine and forest ecology, evaluation and discovery of plant germplasm resources, lakes/wetland aquatic plant biology, etc.
Three Research Centers and 12 research groups are to be reorganized or established at Lushan Botanical Garden under policy and programs of newly established Lushan Botanical Garden of Chinese Academy of Sciences, integrated with exist Lushan Botanical Garden affiliated with Jiangxi Provincial and Chinese Academy of Sciences. We are now announcing research job positions available and we very pleased to invite applications worldwide.
1. Plant Germplasm Discovery, Evaluation, and Genetic Improvement
1) Research Group_ Plant Germplasm Collection, Evaluation and
2) Research Group_ Subalpine Vegetation and Endemic Plants;
3) Research Group_Economic Plants;
4) Research Group_Medicinal Plants
2. Lake/wetland Ecological Restoration
1) Research Group_ Wetland and Biology of Aquatic Plants;
2) Research Group_ Lake and Wetland Ecology;
3) Research Group-Climate Change and Vegetation Succession of
4) Research Group_Megadata analyses and Bioinformatics
3. Ex-situ Plant Conservation and Large-scale Ecological Patterns
1) Research Group_Ex-situ Plant Inventory & documentation and Family/Genus
2) Research Group_ Forest Ecology;
3) Research Group_ Endangered Plants and Conservation Genetics;
4) Research Group_ Landscape Ecology and Scientific and Technological Issues
of Ecological Civilization
Qualifications and/or Experience:
1) Ph.D or Doctorate in Biology, Botany, Ecology, Horticulture or related field in plant sciences required.
2) Must be an associate professor or professor of well known universities or equivalent position of research institutes.
3) Must be able to manage a research group and conduct independent research project.
4) An international recognized record of scientific publications (minimum a publication IF>3.5, first author or corresponding author).
5) Minimum three (3) years progressive experience in original research or relevant working experience.
6) Demonstrated ability in successful grant writing and research project management.
7) Previous PI position experience preferred
Salary is equivalent to that of the relevant position of Wuhan botanical garden, CAS, plus Jiangxi provincial Talent Program and Jiujiang City Talent Program.
Those interested must provide a curriculum vitae, application form (see attached), copies of ID card (passport), degree and/ or job title certificates, and/ or employment (appointment) document; a list of qualifications and publications. They must be sent by email or express mail to the address below.
Review of candidate materials will begin immediately and the qualified candidates will be notified and invited for an interview. The candidates are required to prepare a 15-20 minute presentation (PowerPoint presentation required) and the interview process will be conducted by an appointed search committee.
All inquiries, applications and nominations should be directed to:
Lushan botanical garden, Lushan, 330000, Jiangxi, China
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; or email@example.com
Please contact us to obtain the application form.