Ervaxx is pioneering the use of Dark Antigens™ to deliver TCR-based T cell therapies and targeted off-the-shelf cancer vaccines for treating and preventing cancer. Ervaxx Dark Antigens derive from vast untapped expanses of genetic ‘dark matter’ beyond the normal coding regions of the genome. Ervaxx has identified Dark Antigens that map to multiple solid tumor types and generate robust, antigen-specific T-cell responses.
Ervaxx was founded in 2016 and has been well funded to invest in the build out and growth of our proprietary discovery platform and our fantastic Ervaxx team. The company has offices in London, UK and laboratories in Oxford, UK.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly organised individual to lead the management of our Oxford-based laboratory, and support the activities of our growing team of scientists across a range of disciplines including immunology, mass-spectrometry/biochemistry, next generation sequencing, and molecular biology. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, able to take initiative where needed to ensure the smooth running of our research and successful completion of our company milestones.
The Research Operations Manager will thrive in a highly collaborative environment, and act as a key point-of-contact for our internal and external researchers, alongside the wider company finance, operations and management teams. In addition to general lab management duties (equipment, procurement, inventories etc), the candidate will play a critical role in ensuring ethical compliance of all research activities, and maintaining a culture of safety across the company.
- Day-to-day oversight for all Health and Safety activities and coordination of the wider H+S management team.
- Act as key research contact for the design and fit-out of a new lab space and subsequent lab move.
- Manage SOP version control, compliance and training across multiple research teams.
- Set up and manage a biological sample tracking system, and ensure full team compliance with our ethical approval for storage, use and disposal of human materials.
- Manage equipment procurement, installation, servicing and training needs.
- Support the lab team in reagent and consumable procurement and inventory management.
- Logistics support for various academic and commercial research collaborations.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key vendors.
- Support finance/operation team with budgeting, expense tracking and invoicing for all research activities.
- Support data recording and presentation across multiple teams.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience required
- MSc/PhD with 2-5 years’ experience in a senior technician or lab management role, or a BSc with at least 5 years equivalent experience. Prior experience in biotech/industry would be an advantage.
- Strong knowledge of in vitro, molecular biology and biochemistry techniques, and familiarity with a broad range of laboratory equipment.
- Meticulously organised and readily able to prioritise workload in order to meet deadlines.
- Able to communicate and work effectively across interdisciplinary teams.
- Experience working in an HTA licensed laboratory would be an advantage.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate proof of the right to work in United Kingdom.
Ervaxx Limited is an equal opportunities employer.
We offer a competitive salary, commensurate with qualifications and experience, and a benefits package including pension and health insurance.
N.B. No free parking facilities are currently available on either the Oxford or London sites