Research Leaders & Principal Investigators
AI & Data Science; Decarbonization & Urban Technology; Therapeutics; Synthetic Biology; Robotics; Frontier Sciences & Emerging Technologies
The Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR) is Singapore’s lead public sector science and technology agency. A*STAR has a strategic R&D agenda, driving use-inspired basic research, spearheading economic growth and advancing social well-being through scientific discovery, technological innovation and talent development.
A*STAR is consistently ranked world’s top 10 in the Reuters Innovative Institutions, and top 30 in the Nature Index of Top Government Institutions for the last 5 years. It averaged about 3,000 international publications annually in recent years, and filed over 2,000 patents in the past decade.
At A*STAR, we Impact, Invest, and Inspire, to bring out the best in you.
One Organisation, Multiple Careers
A*STAR provides a diverse range of career opportunities, and we are seeking the most promising research leaders and principal investigators in the following areas:
• Artificial Intelligence & data science (e.g. machine learning; computer vision; big data; social, cognitive or experimental psychology; decision making; behaviour modelling; health and wellbeing, educational and learning sciences; computational social science)
• Decarbonization & urban technology (e.g. CO2 capture and utilization; H2 technology; environmental catalysis)
• Therapeutics (e.g. gene therapy; immunotherapy; cell therapy)
• Synthetic biology and industrial biotechnology
• Robotics and Automation (e.g. autonomous manufacturing, responsive and resilient supply-chain, industrial sustainability, MedTech Manufacturing, Metamorphic 4D Advanced Manufacturing, Digital Manufacturing, Robotics & Automation)
• Other frontier sciences & emerging technologies (e.g. food & nutrition; logistics; bioengineering; microelectronics; quantum engineering – list is representative, not comprehensive)
We are particularly interested in candidates who are creative and impactful in advancing cutting-edge sciences, able to deliver outcomes in a highly competitive environment, and share our ideals in delivering scientific & technological outcomes and benefits to the society and its people. We value cross-disciplinary ideas in a strongly collaborative setting.
Suitable candidates will be appointed as Senior Scientists/Principal Scientists (or Engineers) typically in one of the research institutes of A*STAR, with responsibilities depending on experience, aptitude and research areas. Researchers with leadership experience may also be appointed as centre directors, programme managers or team leaders. At A*STAR, there are multiple career track options, from research to planning and from enterprise development to institutional management.
A*STAR offers competitive remuneration and benefits, commensurate to experience and research qualities and potential. We are seeking research leaders and performers with at least 10 years of relevant experience (in academia or industry), but emerging talent with less experience are welcome to apply.
Interested applicants may visit bit.ly/joinastarsg to submit their CVs and contact details by 30 April 2021.