The Reserach Lab Specialist will have superb organizational and record keeping skills, attention to detail, ability to anticipate problems and offer solutions. He/she will assist the principal investigator with the collection and analysis of data for specified research projects. Performs laboratory experiments with minimal supervision, learning and developing new procedures. Manages specific, but limited, laboratory functions and trains laboratory personnel. This individual will also help conduct a wide array of cellular and molecular studies that span in vitro cell-based assays and in vivo murine assays for specified research projects.
- Experience working with mice, such as breeding, genotyping, completing flow cytometry, and carrying out retroviral or lentiviral transduction of bone marrow cells followed by adoptive transfer.
- A background in hematopoiesis or leukemia modeling is desired, but not necessary.
- Experience in handling and differentiating iPSC or a background in functional genomics, such as carrying out large scale mutagenesis assays.
- A minimum of eight (8) years of relevant post-degree work experience, with at least five (5) years at the Sr. Research Tech level, is required with a Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of seven (7) years of relevant post-degree work experience, with at least (5) years at the Sr. Research Tech level, is required with a Master’s degree
- A minimum of four (4) years of relevant work experience including post-doctoral and/or technical staff experience is required with a Ph.D
- BS/MS staff at the Senior Research Technologist level as of 5/12/2003 could be considered for promotion to Research Lab Specialist after five (5) years as a SJCRH Senior Research Technologist or an equivalent position in a similar research environment.
No Search Firms:
St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. Please do not call or email. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee or other representative at St. Jude via email, the internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place and approved by HR will result in no fee being paid in the event the candidate is hired by St. Jude.