- Relocate to One of The World’s Most Liveable Cities – Melbourne, Australia!
- This Position Is Open to Female Candidates Only
- $83,786 To $94,671 + 17% Super, Flexible Working Arrangements, Career Development
- 3-Year Fixed Term Contract with Possible Extension
You will join the RMIT Theoretical Chemical and Quantum Physics (TCQP) research group to perform high quality and creative, research. You will engage and interact in regular discussions with members of the TCQP group and actively contribute with other members working within the ARC Centre of Excellence in Exciton Science. You will publish the results of your research in peer-reviewed scientific journals appropriate to the topic as well as participate and present at national and international scientific meetings. As a key contributor within the team, you will provide advice to graduates and undergraduate research students as needed.
Skills & Experience
You will have:
- Research experience in theoretical and/or computational models of excitons or general quantum dynamics. With a focus in one or more of the following areas:
- Open-quantum systems theory, decoherence models, noise in quantum systems
- Exciton physics in either molecular or semiconductor systems
- Photo-physical interactions of atoms or molecules, for example ultra-fast spectroscopy
- Theoretical or computational models of the electronic or excitonic transport within molecules or nanostructures
- The ability to define, investigate and solve complex problems in theoretical physics and data analysis High level skills in mathematical or computational modelling and hold a PhD in theoretical or computational physics, theoretical chemistry, applied mathematics
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills that enhance your ability to work autonomously and in a team environment
RMIT supports you with a range of financial and non-financial benefits. We recognise the diverse needs of our staff, so regardless of your situation, the range of staff benefits on offer provides something for everyone.
- Additional University holidays
- Flexible working arrangements
- Be part of RMIT’s academic life and attend various events and workshops
- Access to RMIT staff gym
- 2% salary increase each year and annual leave loading of 17.5%
- MYKI pass discount
RMIT is a multi-sector university of technology, design and enterprise with more than 91,000 students and 11,000 staff globally. RMIT offers postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational education and online programs to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways.
The School of Science is one of RMIT’s top-performing research schools, we deliver research that addresses the ‘real life questions’ essential to Australia’s innovation agenda. We attract esteemed experts and researchers from around the world and have positive relationships with industry and international collaborators. Meet our women in STEMM.
For a confidential discussion or further information, please contact Professor Jared Cole on +61 3 9925 9555 or email@example.com. To view the position description, visit yourcareer.rmit.edu.au and search using job reference number 571584.
Applications close on Sunday 7th July.
This role will require satisfactory confirmation of a Working with Children Check.
RMIT is committed to driving progress towards gender equality and ensuring diverse and balanced representation at every level of our organisation. To address the under representation of women in Science this role will be open to only female applicants. The Section 12 of the Victorian Equal Opportunity Act permits the University to conduct female only recruitment to addressing the substantive imbalance of female representation in Science.