- IMPORTANT NOTE -
INL is actively working to mitigate the risk of CoVid-19 and is promoting protection measures within their community with impact in the regular activities. Ongoing and new R&S processes may have changes during this exceptional period. Please check the details in the job vacancy to keep track on any updates.
Research Fellow – Modeling, Design and Characterization Engineering (Ref.01.20.02)
Type of contract: Limited duration
Research Centre: International Iberian Nanotechnology Laboratory – INL
Number of vacancies: 1
Duty Station: Braga, Portugal
Contract Duration: 2 years
Research Field: Micro- and Nanofabrication
Open date for applications: March 11th, 2020
Closing Date for applications: March 31st, 2020, 23:00 (Lisbon Time)
INL is seeking for highly-qualified, self-motivated research fellow to reinforce its staff team and activities within device microfabrication and nanotechnology.
Project specifications: This project is funded by PT2020 Clube Fornecedores da Bosch – R&D co-promotion Projects.
(a) Name of the project: CELINOV: Novas soluções para o automóvel do futuro
(b) Reference number: POCI-01-0247-FEDER-042747
Job Role & Key Responsibilities
The candidate will be expected to participate actively in activities related to the research and development of magnetization tools and systems to fabricate magnetized parts with varying or complex magnetization. The candidate will be expected to simulate, design and assemble new active or passive magnetization systems, and corresponding instrumentation, to achieve the desired magnetic specifications of the parts and processes. The candidate should demonstrate independence and creativity in electronic system development and testing, taking advantage of the rapid prototyping tools to produce proof of concepts, demonstrators and modules. The candidate will undertake the following main activities and responsibilities:
- FEM simulation for magnetics and power electronics
- Design and simulation of electronic systems
- PCB design and assembly, and development of control firmware and software
- Development of prototypes using rapid prototyping techniques
- Preparing and handling instrumentation for test and characterization
Candidates should meet the following requirements:
- PhD degree in Electronics, Physics, Physical Engineering, Mechanics, or other relevant subject;
- Experience in FEM simulation packages (e.g. COMSOL, ANSYS) is required;
- Experience in electronic circuit simulation and design for embedded systems is required;
- Hands-on experience in electronic instrumentation (lab equipment), and automatic measurement systems integration (e.g. LabVIEW, GPIB, VB, Matlab) is required;
- Experience in metrology tools and systems is required;
- Experience in magnetic characterization is valued;
- Experience with CAD (e.g. AutoCAD) and process design tools is valued;
- Hands-on experience in cleanroom microfabrication systems, characterization and data analysis is valued;
- Previous hands-on experience in cleanroom processing and/or maintenance of cleanroom systems (e.g. Physical and chemical vapor deposition; Ion milling and reactive ion etching; Micro and nano-machining related techniques; Wet etch techniques and electroplating; Lithography pattern transfer (direct write laser, mask aligner, e-beam and/or nanoimprint); Planarization and packaging) is valued;
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Strong motivation to work both independently and as part of a team in an interdisciplinary environment, with the ability to pay close attention to detail and to meet deadlines;
- Excellent communication skills and experience in the dissemination of results to the scientific community are expected.
The work plan will be developed at the INL under the scientific guidance of Dr. João Gaspar. The successful candidate will be integrated in the Department of Micro and Nanofabrication.
Duration of the contract
The total duration of the employment contract shall be 24 months and may be renewed based on the performance of the individual and the duration of the project. The expected starting date is April/May 2020.
General Eligibility conditions, required qualifications and expertise:
Candidates must comply with the following requirements:
1. Hold a PhD Degree within the field of the selected vacancy;
2. Be a Portuguese citizen, a European Union citizen or a non-European Union Citizen with a scientific and professional curriculum that demonstrates an appropriate profile for the activity to be performed;
3. Fluency in English is required;
4. Working knowledge of another language is an advantage;
5. May not have a labour contract with INL during the 12 months before the application.
What we offer
- Employment contract and competitive compensation package.
- Employees will also benefit of the various social facilities available at INL.
- International and highly competitive environment in contact with leading edge technology.
How to Apply
International candidates are welcome to apply. Only applications in English will be accepted. The application is made online. Please click on the ‘Apply’ button below;
Interested applicants should submit a motivation letter and a full curriculum vitae. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
If your application is successful and you accept our offer of employment you will receive the employment agreement and all other relevant documents. If you are relocating, you will be given assistance by the HR Office.
If Your Application is Not Successful
We highly value the interest shown from applicants wishing to become a part of the INL experience. It is important for us to maintain good communications with candidates. No matter the outcome of the application, we always send the applicant an answer.
Equal Opportunity and Non-Discrimination Principle
INL is an equal opportunity organization, committed to providing equal career opportunities and firmly adheres to a principle of non-discrimination in respect of gender, age, nationality, racial group, or any other possible discriminatory issues.
Enquires should be made to: email@example.com.
The advertisement deadline may be extended at any time without previous notice in order to improve the suitability and effectiveness of the recruitment process.