Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine (Singapore) invites applications for:
Postdoctoral Fellow in Lipidomics, with a focus on Infectious Diseases
We are currently recruiting a talented and highly motivated postdoctoral research scientist in lipidomics in the team of Nanyang Assistant Professor Guan Xue Li (https://sites.google.com/site/lipidsinsystemshealthlab/). Our group is interested in understanding the roles of lipids in infections and antimicrobial resistance. In the context of infectious diseases, the complexity in lipidome analysis stems from the interactions between the metabolic systems of both the human host and the pathogen(s). We will contribute to this exciting field through the development and applications of rapid and sensitive approaches for next generation mass spectrometry-based lipidomics. The broader vision is to create a high definition biochemical resource for systems biology and personalized health research.
The candidate will be involved in mass spectrometry-based method development and analyses and integrate the obtained results with various domains of systems biology and clinical data to unravel functional insights as well as novel lipid-based biomarkers in infectious diseases. This position will expose the candidate to state-of-the-art technologies for lipidomics/ metabolomics, other leading edge research facilities in LKCMedicine and NTU and access to clinical samples.
Successful candidates will have the opportunity to work with a multidisciplinary team of investigators in LKCMedicine, as well as clinical and industry partners.
1. PhD in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Biomedical Sciences or related disciplines
2. At least 4 years of experience in a research laboratory
3. Experience in bioanalytical techniques (HPLC/ UPLC/ nano-LC MS/MS)
4. Experience in mass spectrometry-based Omics research
5. Experience in bioinformatics and/or biostatistics for large datasets analyses
6. Problem-solving and critical thinking skills
7. Highly self-motivated and demonstrate independence with minimal supervision
8. Possesses excellent organizational and communication skills, fluent in spoken and written English
9. Proven track record with publications in international peer reviewed journals
10. Able to supervise students and staff and work as a team
11. Able to work collaboratively, and to handle several concurrent fast-paced projects
1. Develop and apply methods for lipidomics and metabolomics for translational human health research
2. Data computation and analyses
3. Project management
4. Manuscripts preparation
5. Supervision of students and staff
If you are interested to pursue a career with the School, please write to Assistant Professor Guan Xue Li (email: email@example.com) with a cover letter, CV, list of publications, and names and contacts of at least two references at your earliest convenience.
Only full application will be considered, and shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Closing date: Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.