Research Fellow – Bandopadhayay Lab
Dana Farber Cancer Institute
The Bandopadhayay Lab (www.bandolab.org) at DFCI (with co-affiliations with Boston Children’s Hospital and the Broad Institute) is seeking a motivated postdoctoral fellow to join our efforts to find better treatments for children with brain tumors as a postdoctoral fellow. We apply cutting-edge genomic technologies to identify drivers of childhood cancers, identify strategies to target these and to determine mechanisms of resistance to current and novel treatments. The aim of these efforts is to perform translational research to develop new therapies to improve outcomes of children diagnosed with these tumors. The work will be highly translational and span efforts from profiling the cancer genomes of pediatric brain tumors to determining new therapeutic targets, applying molecular oncology and functional genomic methodologies to determine oncogenic mechanisms and identify new dependencies, and to characterize mechanisms of resistance.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about developing a career of scientific discovery, a team player, enthusiastic about translational research to help improve patient outcomes, and highly self-motivated. There will be opportunities to learn and assist in computational methods of analysis. The individual will also have opportunities to develop mentorship skills through supervision of junior members of the team
- Enthusiastic, team player, innovative and analytical thinker, and self-motivated individual.
- Experience with cell culture and other models of human cancers, molecular oncology techniques and/or computational biology.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Candidate should have an outstanding academic and professional track record.
- Ph.D. (or MD/PhD) degree in molecular biology, cellular biology, cancer biology or related discipline. Preference will be given to applicants who have recently graduated (or are expected to graduate in 2020) for their doctoral degrees.
- Applicants are required to submit written letters of support from three referees at the time of application (including one from candidate’s Doctoral Advisor)
- A minimum three-year availability is required.
To apply, please visit: https://careers-dfci.icims.com/jobs/18072/research-fellow—bandopadhayay-lab/job
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an equal opportunity employer and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry, military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as protected by law.