The Research Coordinator will collaborate with a team of other Research Coordinators, in the Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology, to ensure the successful execution of human subjects research protocols and clinical trials. In this role, the candidate will be primarily responsible for conducting screening, enrollment, and follow-up visit procedures for human subjects associated with IRB-approved protocols and perform appropriate data entry on behalf of the Division of Maternal-Fetal Medicine.
- Screen, interview, and recruit human subjects in a clinical setting.
- Schedule study visits, procedures, and tests specific to the research study protocol.
- Communicate with human subjects according to the protocol throughout the duration of their participation in the study.
- Organize and maintain study records and regulatory documents for research protocols.
- Collect, process, ship and occasionally analyze protocol biospecimens from human subjects according to the study protocol.
- Responsible for accountability of investigational study supplies, including the investigational products and/or devices.
- Ensure the accuracy of the data is entered per the study protocol, regulatory, and BCM/TCH/BTGH research guidelines.
- Responsible for study compliance and coordinating study protocol training for associated study staff.
- Manage initial and continued approval for research studies and prepare associated documents on behalf of Principal Investigator in local and central IRB accounts.
- Attend inpatient and outpatient surgical procedures for the collection of human research specimens according to each protocol the Research Coordinator manages.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- One year of relevant experience.
- Experience composing and organizing spreadsheets, database management, and tracking records.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.