Evotec is a leader in the discovery and development of novel small molecule drugs with operational sites in Europe and the US. The company has built substantial drug discovery expertise and an industrialized platform that can drive new innovative small molecule compounds into the clinic. In addition, Evotec has built a deep internal knowledge-base in key therapeutic areas including neuroscience, pain, inflammation, oncology, metabolic and infectious diseases. Leveraging these skills and expertise the company intends to deliver superior science-driven discovery alliances with pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies. Therapeutic monoclonal antibody (mAb) drug discovery is an expanding area for Evotec, including through the acquisition of Just BioTherapeutics in July 2019. As part of this drive, we are expanding the antibody discovery team, based at Evotec’s headquarters in Hamburg (Germany). Our team is responsible for the generation and screening of therapeutic mAbs, supporting drug discovery across multiple therapeutic areas.
We seek a
Research Associate/Research Scientist (f/m/d)
full-time and permanent
to join our team of drug hunters at Evotec Hamburg. The successful candidate will actively contribute to internal and partnered antibody discovery programs across multiple therapeutic areas.
Your key responsibilities:
- Deploy expert knowledge towards the discovery of therapeutic antibodies for multiple indications, including immuno-oncology, inflammation and immunity, as well as metabolic diseases.
- Design and execute antibody discovery campaigns, including optimally targeted immunization strategies,hybridoma approaches and antibody profiling, to generate a diverse panel of mAbs for the use as therapeutic leads.
- Develop, optimize, and execute assays for high-throughput antibody screening using automated liquid handing equipment.
- Contribute to ongoing improvement and refinement of Evotec’s antibody discovery platforms.
- Think creatively and propose new targets and technologies.
- Work collaboratively with internal and external partners to meet high standards for quality and turn around time.
- Deliver accurate and timely summary documents, technical reports and presentations.
Your ideal qualification:
- PhD in biology, biochemistry, immunology or a related field (ideally related to antibody discovery/engineering).
- Post-doctoral experience in industry or academia would be a plus.
- Experience in development and execution of high-throughput screening assays, including ELISA and (multiplexed) flowcytometry is a must.
- Experience in using liquid handling automation and designing automated high-throughput screening protocols is strongly desired.
- Experience in high-throughput antibody sequence isolation, reformatting, recombinant antibody expression and antibody purification is also strongly desired.
- Strong molecular biology skills, including hands-on experience with primer design, PCR, construct design,and molecular cloning.
- Experience in antibody engineering and display technologies (mammalian/yeast) is a plus.
- Excellent written and spoken communication in English is required, German is a plus
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to work well in cross-functional and cross-site teams.
- A permanent position within a vigorous and exciting professional environment promoted by an open culture and a spirit of community
- A diverse, international workforce with a dynamic working environment that fosters creativity, innovation and teamwork
- Company pension scheme, flexible working hours, holiday pay, and annual bonus depending on performance
To apply, please click on the “Apply” button and provide your application documents (CV and cover letter,
including the earliest possible start date and salary requirements). We are curious to get to know you, and we
are looking forward to your application.
Evotec SE • Human Resources • Essener Bogen 7 • 22419 Hamburg
For further information, please visit our homepage: www.evotec.com