The CRTD is one of the world’s leading centres at the interface between basic research and clinical applications with the aim to investigate the body’s self-healing potential to develop new therapies. The Chair of Neural stem cells in the mammalian brain (Prof. Dr. Federico Calegari) at the Center for Regenerative Therapies Dresden (CRTD), an institute of the Center for Molecular and Cellular Bioengineering (CNCB), Medical Faculty of the TU-Dresden is offering a position as
Research Associate / Postoc on Neurophysiology (f/m/x)
prospectively starting on 01st March 2020. The position, offered in the context of the VW project, is initially limited until 28th February 2023 (with the option to be extended). The period of employment is governed by the Fixed Term Research Contracts Act (Wissenschaftszeitvertragsgesetz – WissZeitVG). The position aims at obtaining further academic qualification. (Subject to personal qualification, employees are remunerated up to salary group E13 TV-L).
The position is offered in the context of an ambitious interdisciplinary project bridging together molecular cell biology of adult mammalian neural stem cells with neurophysiology and behavioural neuroscience. In a collaborative effort, the successful applicant is expected to have an advanced expertise in electrophysiology, ideally in living animals and chronic in vivo single unit recordings, and effectively interact with other team members toward deciphering the cellular basis of cognitive function. Among others, the primary task in this project will be the generation and analysis of brain data from genetically manipulated mice and including opto- or chemo-genetic approaches. More information about the activities of the Calegari lab and its unique ability to manipulate neurogenesis in mice can be found in the institute’s Webpage and related publications. More details about the project and conditions of employment can be given upon inquiries to Dr. Calegari (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Ms. Hoppe (email@example.com).
The position provides ample opportunity to interact with other researchers in Basic and regenerative medicine, developmental cell biology, systems biology and biotechnology at the CRTD and its many neighbouring institutes on the Dresden Campus including the, CMCB, MPI-CBG, CSBD, and others that are supported by high end, shared facilities ranging from advanced imaging to Genome engineering and others. Working language within the campus is English.
- Applications are invited from highly talented and enthusiastic researchers with a University and PhD degree and a strong track record of accomplishments.
- Applicants should have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, organizational skills to plan experimental bench-work and the ability to work as part of a team as well as independently when required.
- We are looking for a highly motivated, ambitious, effective and interactive candidate capable of leading a high-profile research project through active pursuit of relevant experiments, and through regular interactions with the group leader and important collaborators within and outside the research institute.
- Activity in the leading medical research and teaching combined with a highly specialized work Environment
- Implementation of own ideas and work in an innovative interdisciplinary Team
- Agreement of flexible working hours in order to make the connection between family and career a reality
- Care of your children through partnerships with children’s institutions near the university Hospital
- Use of company prevention offers, courses and fitness in our health centre Carus Vital
- Provision for the period after active employment in the form of a company pension plan
- Career-oriented further education and training with individual planning of your professional career.
Please note that we cannot reimburse any costs incurred in connection with your application.
Applications from women are particularly welcome. The same applies to people with disabilities.
We kindly as you to apply preferably online, in order to make the personnel selection process faster and more effective. Of course, we also process your written applications (with a stamped envelope) without any disadvantages for you.
We look forward to receiving your informative application documents including i) a letter of motivation and brief description of previous work, ii) CV and iii) contact of 3 referees with registration number CRT0919960. Please send them to us online until 24th january 2020. Preliminary information can be obtained by telephone from Jeannette Hoppe (0351-458-82200 or via E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org)