At TU Dresden, Center for Advancing Electronics Dresden, the research group Mesoscopic 3D Systems offers a project position as
(subject to personal qualification employees are remunerated according to salary group E 13 TV-L)
starting as soon as possbile. The position is limited until 31.10.2022. The period of employment is governed by § 2 (2) Fixed Term Research Contracts Act (Wissenschaftszeitvertragsgesetz-WissZeitVG). Subject to the availability of ressources, there is the possibility of a term extension.
We are a young start-up project in the field of high-resolution, multi-material 3D printing. For our spin-off, we have successfully obtained funding from the federal EXIST research transfer program. A cooperation within the planned later startup is explicitly desired.
- Development and design of innovative assemblies and precision components within a research project,
- Development of new solutions at the interdisciplinary interface of mechanics, fluidics and electronics,
- Preparation of independent design studies and compiling of technical drawings including the execution of calculations and verifications,
- Preparation of complete design documentation (CAD/CAM) including drawing and development documentation,
- Establishment of a new system for the entire technical product documentation (e.g. process standardization, component lists, parts lists),
- Assignment and supervision of all manufacturing steps (internal and external),
- Responsibility of all developed solutions in the design review process,
- Responsibility of the assigned project budget,
- Presentation of innovative results at scientific conferences and meetings.
Requirements: We are looking for a motivated and team-oriented expert in the field of precision mechanics with a focus on device development (mechanics + electronics) to join our research and development team. Expected are
- very good university degree in the field of mechanical engineering, electrical engineering or comparable courses of study,
- versatile ability to work under pressure with enthusiasm, being innovative and having a high level of independence,
- ability to work in a team and being open in communication,
- relevant experience in the field of device development as well as various precision manufacturing techniques,
- proven experience with 3D CAD systems (preferably Autodesk Inventor),
- basic knowledge of fluid dynamics and polymer materials,
- very good written and spoken English skills for confident technical communication with team members as well as external partners,
- willingness to travel moderately in an international environment,
- good communication skills (including for the presentation of results at international scientific meetings and trade fairs as well as to capital providers/investors).
- Ideally, experience in scientific or high-tech device engineering is already available from your side
We offer a creative and dynamic environment with extensive responsibility in a young team within an internationally competitive research area.
Applications from women are particularly welcome. The same applies to people with disabilities.
Please submit your comprehensive application including the usual documents by October 28, 2021 (stamped arrival date of the university central mail service applies) preferably via the TU Dresden SecureMail Portal https://securemail.tu-dresden.de by sending it as a single pdf document to email@example.com or by mail to: TU Dresden, Center for Advancing Electronics Dresden, z. Hd. Dr. Robert Kirchner, Helmholtzstr. 10, 01069 Dresden, Germany. Please submit copies only, as your application will not be returned to you. Expenses incurred in attending interviews cannot be reimbursed.
Reference to data protection: Your data protection rights, the purpose for which your data will be processed, as well as further information about data protection is available to you on the website: https://tu-dresden.de/karriere/datenschutzhinweis