Research Associate – Quantum Computing
Conduct research in the area of silicon-based quantum computing
You will undertake research in the area of silicon-based quantum computing, joining a team, led by Scientia Professor Andrea Morello, that has made several landmark demonstrations in the field, including the world’s first single-atom spin qubit in silicon and single-qubit gate fidelities amongst the highest for any solid-state qubit.
The role is within the ARC Centre of Excellence for Quantum Computation & Communication Technology, where we undertake the most significant efforts for the scale-up of donor-based spin qubits in silicon. The research scope for this position comprises micro- and nano-fabrication processes to develop a deterministic single-ion implantation method compatible with a MOS fabrication process flow, and the development of superconducting resonators to couple microwave photons to donor spin qubits. This position will suit applicants with a strong background in the development, fabrication and control of semiconductor and superconductor quantum devices. We also welcome applicants with a background in quantum systems based on ion traps and cold atomic gases.
· Salary, $95,449 – $126,386 + superannuation
· Full time
· Fixed-term contract – 2 years
· Location: Kensington – Sydney, Australia
UNSW is currently implementing a ten-year strategy to 2025 and our ambition for the next decade is nothing less than to establish UNSW as Australia’s global university. This position is within the School of Electrical Engineering and Telecommunications.
· PhD (or soon to be awarded) in Physics or Electrical Engineering.
· Able to conduct independent research with limited supervision.
· Track record of publications and conference presentations relative to opportunity.
· Able to work in a team, collaborate across disciplines and build effective relationships.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Experience in semiconductor nanofabrication, quantum measurement and control, quantum information science.
· Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities
Level B: In addition to the above, essential criteria for Level B include:
· PhD in Physics or Electrical Engineering
· At least two years of experience semiconductor nanofabrication, quantum measurement and control, quantum information science.
· Proven research and publication track record, particularly in high quality peer-reviewed journals
· Demonstrated ability to supervise honours and postgraduate research students.
Additional details about the specific responsibilities for these positions can be found in the position description via the advert on https://www.jobs.unsw.edu.au/
Within your application you should address the selection criteria which are listed within the position description.
Please apply online. Applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed below.
T: +61 2 8263 8060
Applications close: 11:50pm, Sunday 31st May 2020
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds.
UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.