Research Associate (Postdoc) in Graph Signal Processing for Large-Scale Networks (M/F)
Position Title: Research Associate (Postdoctoral Researcher) in Graph Signal Processing for Large-Scale Networks
The University of Luxembourg is a multilingual, international research University.
The University of Luxembourg is seeking to hire a highly motivated and an outstanding researcher in the area of Graph Signal Processing for Large-Scale Networks for its Interdisciplinary Centre of Security and Trust (SnT), within the Signal Processing and Communications (SigCom) research group, led by Prof. Björn Ottersten and Prof. Symeon Chatzinotas.
SnT carries out interdisciplinary research in secure, reliable and trustworthy ICT systems and services, often in collaboration with governmental, industrial and international partners. SnT is active in several national projects funded by National Research Fund (FNR) and local industries, and international research projects funded by the EC H2020 programme and ESA. The SigCom research group carries out research activities in the areas of signal processing for wireless communication systems including satellite communications and radar systems, and signal, image and data processing aspects of computer vision. For details, you may refer to the following: https://wwwen.uni.lu/snt/research/sigcom.
The successful candidate is expected to perform the following tasks:
• Contributing to expand group’s fundamental research on Graph Signal Processing (GSP)
• Investigating novel learning-assisted GSP algorithms for Beyond 5G wireless networks
• Coordinating research projects and preparing project deliverables
• Disseminating results through scientific publications and conferences
• Preparing new research proposals to attract industrial, national and European projects
• Providing assistance in the supervision of PhD students
• A PhD degree in signal processing, machine/deep learning or closely related field in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Applied Mathematics.
• Strong knowledge on some of the following: graph signal processing, 5G wireless networks, machine/deep learning techniques and tools (TensorFlow, PyTorch or GreyCat), random matrix theory and optimization methods.
• Sound publication track-record on one or some of the following areas: signal processing on graphs, learning models over dynamic graphs, machine/deep learning for wireless communications, learning-assisted optimization and data analysis with GSP.
• Strong programming skills in MATLAB and Python, R or C++.
• Highly committed, excellent team-worker, and strong critical thinking skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
The University offers an initial two-year employment contract, which may be extended up to five years. The University offers highly competitive salaries and is an equal opportunity employer.
Applications, written in English should be submitted online and include:
• Curriculum Vitae (including your contact address, work experience, publications)
• Cover letter indicating the research area of interest and your motivation
• A research statement (max. 1 page)
• Contact information for 3 referees
All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
Deadline for applications: 31/12/2019.
Early application is highly encouraged as the applications will be processed upon reception. Please apply ONLINE formally through the HR system. Applications by email will not be considered.
Link : http://emea3.mrted.ly/2cd3x