The University of Luxembourg is seeking to hire a highly motivated and an outstanding postdoctoral researcher in the area of vehicular communication systems for its Interdisciplinary Centre of Security and Trust (SnT), within the 360Lab, part of the SEDAN research group.
The selected candidate will work on the Connected Dynamic Insurance project, which is funded by Foyer Assurances and the FNR.
SnT carries out interdisciplinary research in secure, reliable and trustworthy ICT (Information and Communication Technologies) systems and services, often in collaboration with governmental, industrial and international partners. SnT is active in several national projects funded by National Research Fund (FNR) and local industries, and international research projects funded by the EU FP7 programme, H2020 programme and the European Space Agency (ESA). For further information, you may check: https://wwwen.uni.lu/snt
The 360Lab, is the first thematic research laboratory focusing on smart mobility. The purpose of the 360Lab is to serve as an umbrella for research projects sharing common equipment and complementary expertise to conduct strategic and collaborative research in the broader area of mobility innovation. The topics of interest include, but are not limited to: Autonomous Systems, V2X Communications, Artificial Intelligence for Automated Mobility, Security and Resilience of Automotive Systems, Sensing Technologies, Mobility Modeling and Simulation, and Transportation Planning. For details, you may refer to the following: https://360lab.uni.lu/
The successful candidate is expected to perform the following tasks:
• Leading the research activities of the CDI project, which goal it is to develop a connected vehicle insurance for highly automated vehicles
• Disseminating results through scientific publications and conferences
• Coordinating research projects and preparing project deliverables
• Preparing new research proposals to attract industrial, national and European projects
• Providing assistance in the supervision of PhD students
For further information, please contact: Dr. Raphaël Frank (email@example.com)
• A PhD degree in Computer Science/engineering or Telecommunication Engineering
• Sound publication track record in the areas related to vehicular/mobile networks
• Knowledge of one or multiple areas listed below is highly desirable:
o Vehicular Communication technologies: ITS-G5, C-V2X
o Data Analytics and Machine Learning
o Autonomous Vehicles
• Experience with optimization and/or machine learning tools
• Strong programming skills in Python and/or C/C++ is a plus
• Experience of working with industrial projects or public funded research projects related to resource management is highly desirable
• Highly committed, excellent team-worker, and strong critical thinking skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and French
The University offers an initial two-year employment contract, which may be extended up to five years.
The University offers highly competitive salaries and is an equal opportunity employer.
Applications, written in English should be submitted online and include:
• Curriculum Vitae (including your contact address, work experience, publications)
• Cover letter indicating the research area of interest and your motivation
• A research statement (max 1 page)
• Contact information for 3 referees
All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
Deadline for applications: 22 March 2020.
Early application is highly encouraged as the applications will be processed upon arrival. Please apply ONLINE formally through the HR system. Applications by email will not be considered.